Chapter 4

I walked out of the school quietly minding my own business. When all of a sudden I heard footsteps behind me. I looked behind me, my dark blonde hair falling over my shoulders and sliding down my back. I found Liam following me, his expression grim. He began to walk faster after noticing me watching him. This frightened me so I ran and waited in a dark alleyway.

"You can run Virgo, but you can't hide from me!" He shouted. Unfortunately, I knew what he was talking about. My cover had been blown, they would be coming soon. It was time to prepare for battle.

I ran to my home in a panic, they found me. I hesitated as I looked around my house. I didn't know what was going to happen, but I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good. I ran towards my basement and closed the door, summoning light to fill the room. I hid in the shadows of the stairs as I snuffed out the lights.

I strained trying to concentrate on the noises outside. Letting out a breath of air trying to calm my nerves, heard footsteps near my door and waited. The few minutes that passed by was absolute agony. I was about to stand back up when I heard the breaking of a glass window.

I ran over to the hidden door under the stairs and walked into my room. Unlike Harry Potter's, my room was an actual room-not a cupboard. I flicked on my lights and closed the door quietly. I casted a charm on the door, preventing it from being burned or broken. I walked over to my closet and grabbed some of my favorite outfits. I created a small mound and flicked my hand to open up a secret compartment in it. The miniature mound opened and I began to set my stuff in there. When I was done, I closed the compartment and sent the mound underground to be taken to my emergency home back in Kentucky.

I put my hand against my wall and brought forth a slab of wood and stone so that my secret passage was revealed. With a flick of my wrist, glowing roses sprouted from the earth and lit up the tunnel. I turned off my lights in my room and created a seat made of vines to sit on while I traveled. I closed the passage entrance and sat down in the seat. I commanded the vines to move forward and was raced to my home in Kentucky.