Chapter Eight

-----------------

Dedication: SocialDeath for the awesome cover! Thank you!

Recap:

"Anytime, Grace."

Tumbling out of the car, I shut the door behind me. With a wave, I stumbled towards my house, feeling slightly breathless.

I just stepped inside, when I met a furious looking Harvey. He had his arms folded and his eyes were narrowed.

"That better not be who I think it is."

Shit.

------------------

"Can't do this now," I croak, my hand automatically resting on my stomach.

"The Coach? Are you serious?" he snaps, not moving out of my way. "I didn't peg you to be just like the others."

"What are you talking about?"

"Sleeping with the Coach to get on the team."

"Er- who has done that?"

"I don't know but it's just something they would try and do. Don't change the subject." Harvey snaps, his cheeks blossoming a deep crimson.

I stare at Harvey in surprise. His tone is laced with authority, making me feel like I have to go sit in a naughty corner.

"For your information, I did not sleep with the Coach. He picked me up to take me home and I fell asleep in his car, so I crashed at his. No big deal, nothing happened, end of the story."

"That's really inappropriate."

"I know it is, but he's not a teacher and nothing happened. No one knows about it, either."

He scoffs. "Excluding me, obviously."

"Yeah you're my best friend, I wouldn't have hidden it from you. It's not a big secret because nothing happened. He did me a favour since you ditched me with the redhead girl."

A deep flush creeps up his neck and spreads over his cheeks. "I-I didn't ditch you."

"Yeah, you kind of did, but that's okay. Did you have fun?"

His flush only got deeper.

"I take that as a yes then." I laugh, going around him, heading into the kitchen.

"I still don't think that is okay, what you did," he frowns.

"Yes Harvey, you've made that clear," I yawn, waving him off. "Now are you going to continue to harass me or are you going to give me some details about you and your hot new girlfriend?"

"S-she's not my girlfriend!" he splutters.

"Uh-huh."

After pouring Harvey and myself a juice, I collapse onto one of the dining room chairs.

"Well," he says, joining me at the table. "I walked her home."

"Oh," I say, leaning forward, although my stomach clenched as I do so. I'm still not feeling crash hot. "And?"

"I kissed her on the cheek," he declares proudly.

A laugh erupts from my lips. "Okay, seriously what happened? I won't judge."

He blinks at me. "I just told you."

My laughter died down. "Oh."

He looks around my kitchen awkwardly.

"Harvey, have you ever kissed a girl? On the lips?" I ask, suddenly feeling terrible for having laughed at him. That was probably a big step and I made it seem extremely insignificant.