♡ A New Day

Tree filled parks and sunshine glowing on your skin was one of your favorite days to be alive. The smell of coffee from that new shop down the street was like walking along the hall of paradise in heaven. Luckily you picked up that espresso on your way out, clutching it in your hand as you pull up your handbag higher onto your shoulder.

The smell of fresh grass glimmered on the ground from its wetness as it hits the sun; it had just rained the other night, and you can still smell a little bit of that post-rejuvenating rain scent. You decide to take your sunglasses out and flip them on, as the sun is now beginning to beam brighter on your face with each stroll you take. Life was great. It was a new day.

Los Angeles is truly a beautiful environment. Blowing palm trees, fresh California breeze, you walk towards the beach, to which there you spot a bench. You take your seat next to a stranger. He's wearing a big hat and sunglasses. You flip out your compact mirror and powder your face on certain areas a bit. As you do so your attention goes back to the stranger next to you when you hear the sound of him clearing his throat, as if to get your attention.

"Yes, sir?" you ask, taking down your sunglasses a notch so you see his face, the compact mirror still in your hand.

"Will you be my friend?" the strangers asks.

You half-smile, smearing a tint of lip gloss over your lips before you answer dryly with, "Sure why not?"

"Cool, though i must ask you if i could please show you something first?"

You snap your compact back into your purse, flipping up your big rounded sunglasses and respond, "What is it?"

He takes your hand and leads you behind a tree a bit away from the beach, taking off his hat and sunglasses. "My name's Michael-"

"Jackson!" you interrupt, your eyes bulging out of your head.

He scratches his neck. "Yeah..."

"I can't believe...wait," you say, feeling perplexed, "why would Michael Jackson want to be my friend?"

He shrugs cutely, as if not knowing what to say next and responds with, "Just because. What's your name?"

"Y/N," you said, twirling a strand of hair nervously around your finger.

Without noticing, you bite your lip and gaze at him from top to bottom in awe, with a big smile on your face. He's even more beautiful in person. His tall physique, cute little afro hair, big lips with those gorgeous cheekbones with a gorgeous smile to match...and those eyes, damn, those dark eyes.

You knew when you decided to take a trip to LA that there was a possibility of you running into celebrities, although you were leaning more against meeting David Bowie, The Beatles, Freddie Mercury, etc.

"Although this is way better," you whisper to yourself, not recognizing you've said that out loud until Michael asks, "Huh?"

"Nothing. Wow, Michael Jackson...I'd be more than happy to be your friend."

He let out a breath and continued by saying, "Jeez, you know, when i usually ask people to be my friend, they usually scream and jump on me. This is the first time I've ever really seen somebody act so...sophisticated, around me."

"Really?"

He nods.

"Well i don't usually stroll around empty places at 4pm in LA but here i am, and look what came out of it," you say.

Michael has to chuckle at that one. "Gotta love it," he says. "Well, shall we stroll together then?"

"You bet."

He shields himself with his hat and sunglasses once more before walking back into the open as the two of you stroll together alone in the quiet park of California. This truly is a new day.

Lesson learned: quiet areas may seem quiet, although they could just be celebrities favorite areas to hide in. Look closely, keep your heart open. Because this day, was your happiest yet.

---

I've decided I'm updating this book to a different style. I just wanted a new ring to it. I promise these imagines will be better than the last. I hope you all will stick around for my brand new works :)

Love.