4. Welcome to Wizarding world!

Dedicated to xXSharlynnKeehlXx who made the awesome cover for this story. Thank you!!! 

Back to the story:

1 year before:

“Dumbledore, why me of all?? Other teachers could have done this too,” Sirius confessed to Dumbledore after their meeting was over.

“Are you complaining Sirius?” Dumbledore asked gathering his things.

“Yes,” Sirius replied, “do I really don’t have any work to do?” His voice surely sounded sour.

Dumbledore smiled for the first time and walked up to Sirius, “I suspect her.” Sirius’s mouth hung open, “What do you mean Dumbledore? Is she an imposter?”

“Ah,” Dumbledore turned around and prepared to leave, “yes she is but she doesn’t know it. Show her the right path Sirius. She’s not merely a student.” With that, Dumbledore entered the fire saying, “Hogwarts.”

*

Studying was so hard. I caught up quickly though, and tried my best. I had grown really close to Sirius. I told him about my family who never really cared. "I understand," he had said reassuringly, "Even my godson has been through that." His eyes tightened. Harry and the others became close to me pretty quickly. All of them helped me with my studies.  Even Mrs. Weasley gave me the honor of not taking part in cleaning the room because I had to be ready when I went to Hogwarts. Harry told me about his Muggle family and Hermoine of her parents. I even got to know about He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and that he had murdered Harry's family. 

Before a few weeks of school, Ron and Hermoine got their prefect batches. We all congratulated them and well Harry… it must’ve been hard for him. "It's okay," I told him when we were alone, "too much of pressure anyway."

"Yeah," he said, "And Elvis?" "Yeah?" "I really hope you'll be in Gryffindor."

My heart flared at his words. "Me too."

Anyway, me and Mrs. Weasley went for shopping in Diagon Alley to buy everyone’s books and other stuff. Turns out Dumbledore was too busy to send me in Grimmauld place itself. Wow, it all was so amazing. We had to buy robes, books and my wand. Once we reached the Ollivander shop, the wand maker greeted me.

“Welcome welcome,” he said, boring at my eyes.

I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

“Well well Miss..?”

“Elvis Lewis,” I said.

“Lewis? Lewis? You, might not be in any case connected to Rodolphus now do you?”

“You must understand Ollivander that we have nothing to do with Death Eaters,” Mrs. Weasley’s sharp voice replied Ollivander’s question. Death Eaters… Harry and the others had mentioned them before. They were Lord Voldemort’s followers. But why would Ollivander think I was related to a Death Eater??

“Now which wand would be the one for you?” the wand maker muttered as a tape measured every inch of me. “Here try this,” Ollivander handed me a slim wand.

The wand felt uncomfortable in my hands. I gave it a little shake before he snatched it away looking disgruntled. He thought hard and with a smile gave me a second one, “this ought to be the one for you.”

I took the wand. It felt extremely comfortable and even gave out red sparks as it contacted with me!

“13 inch dragon core with Holly wood. Hmm... Stay away from the Dark Arts, and accidents.” I frowned but was happy with my wand.