four; synopsis

F A R K L E

My feet were flying, my backpack was banging against my spine and my chestnut hair was slowly turning into a crisis. I needed to hurry if I wanted to make it to school on time, with my surprise for Riley. I hustled into the nearest cafe, resting my back against a booth to regain steadiness. I glanced at my watch; okay, I better hurry.

I rushed out of the cafe, a mocha frappe and a brownie in my hands. I opened the door of the high school only to find empty halls. I slipped into our first class, history with Cory Matthews. He would understand; he always does. 

Passing by Riley, heading to my seat behind her, I set the drink and brownie on her desk and she looked up at me with a questioning look. "The correct order for my Riles." 

She giggled and muttered a quick genuine thanks, while I heard Lucas whine in the background. I rolled my eyes at him; she doesn't deserve him. He is a great guy, but not for her. She needs someone who gets her; like, like me.

"Farkle?" Cory Matthews asked, pulling me back into reality. 

I bobbled my head, confused since I had been daydreaming. "Yes, sir?"

"Thanks, thanks for keeping my safe and for making her feel like a princess."

"Oh, you're welcome, sir." I glanced around, expecting a classroom full of kids. No, not one soul except us two. 

Cory chuckled, "Son, you haven't paid attention one bit in class. I see the way you look at her though. You've got it bad, kid."

"I do, I really do." I sighed.

R I L E Y

"Riley, can we talk?" 

Those were words I didn't want to hear again. We go through this constantly: fight, say sorry, repeat. I was so frustrated, but seeing his face, I melted. 

"Okay, um, sure." I stuttered. He looked at me with his normal, gentle eyes, slipped his hands in mine and led me outside.

We sat there in silence, my heart fluttering in that stupid way. I didn't get these feelings; are they emotions or do we have chemistry

He spoke up, "Riley, goodness, I am so sorry."

I couldn't look in his eyes. I just couldn't. 

"Riles," he spoke up again. "Please,"

"Lucas, I just don't understand! Why do you always get angry when we talk? Why!"

He looked hurt and disappointed. "Riley, I never meant to hurt you."

"I know."

Then I melted; I melted into the arms of my boyfriend who doesn't get me, it seems. I cried and kissed his cheek. We walked back into the school, our arms attached. 

I looked up at Farkle, who looked angry and also sad. "So, you to made up?"

"Yeah, looks like it." I said, smiling at my boyfriend. 

Farkle looked sickened by us, but he smiled. "I am so happy for you too."

"Oh, thanks."

F A R K L E

I felt like melting into a ball of tears. Little does she know of my strong feelings for her, and now she is back together with Lucas, the one who she is always fighting with. I ran into the lunch room, which was empty, and sat floundering in my tears. 

Why did she have to get back together with him? I wanted her. I wanted to hold her and treat her life a princess, just like Cory said. I just hope, maybe. 

"Farkle?" 

I looked up suddenly, shocked that someone found me. There stood Topanga Matthews, her eyes full of compassion, her gentle smile melting me from the inside out.

"What happened, honey?" She asked as she pulled me close and laid my head on her shoulder. She was acting like my mom, which I was thankful for. 

"It's nothing." I replied, my face straight and stern. I had to hide all my feelings.

She glared at me, a smirk on her face. "I am a mama, and I know that it is not nothing." 

"Fine, you got me." I grinned, my eyes red from the tears.

"Seriously, what happened? You can tell me." She smoothed my hair.

"I really like someone, but she doesn't like me." I sighed, biting my lip nervously.

"Riley?" She asked. 

I nodded and she giggled, "Farkle, I have known that for all along, honey. Cory told me you brought her the correct order today. That was so sweet of you. The way you look at her, everything. It is the same way that I looked at Cory when we were kids"

"But, it's no use." I exclaimed, becoming defensive. "Of course I like her! I have always been here for her, always and forever I will be. But, I broke up with Isadora, not feeling chemistry. I feel that with Riley. I really and truly do. I tried to remind Riley that maybe her and Lucas don't have chemistry; they always fight. But, nope, he apologized again and they are back together. I could never hurt her, Mrs. Matthews."

She sighed, "Farkle, you are a mess. That means that you really, really do love her. I think you need to do something to see whether or not she feels the chemistry with you; something to make her think. Do you remember what I did to make Cory question his feelings?"

"You kissed him against the lockers." I chuckled. 

"Correct."

"But, I already kissed her. Remember, Romeo and Juliet, and Farkle." 

She giggled, "Farkle, as we grow, we change. You may kiss her this time and she feels what you feel. You never know."

"But, what about Lucas?"

"Just say it was an experiment."

"I'll be killed."

"No, you won't."

"When should I do it?" I asked, sighing and caving in.

She smirked, "Well, I wouldn't do it today; you are a mess, child. Do it tomorrow."

I smiled, wiping the tears away. She always had good advice, but this, this was fantastic advice. 

Now, all I have to do is kiss her. Yikes.

a/n; heyy! did you like it? i hope so, because it took a while. how do you think riley will react to this kiss? will farkle chicken out? comment what you think!