Chapter 15 ~ Taken

Jay's P.O.V

I dodged trees, leaped over logs and snapped at branches that got in my way. My wolf and I were on a mission, a mission to kill and we weren't going to let anyone or anything get in our way. I was pushing my wolf to the limits; she wasn't protesting. The wind ran through my fur as I shot through the forest at new speeds leaving a trail of dust behind me.

I came to a stop besides a magnificent oak tree to listen to the sounds of the forest. The tree branches danced in the wind swaying from side to side, bird wings flapping as they flew above me chirping as they go and the pitter-patter of tiny paws running around. The screams that I heard before had recently stopped leaving me blind to the whereabouts of the enemies. I tuned out the forest and tried to catch a sound or a scent from the rouges that I was tracking down; not too far from my current location I heard muffled screams and heavy paws hitting the ground. Accompanying the paws were also the sound of light soft falls of human feet.

"They're close by," my wolf informed me.

"Let's go take a look shall we?" Choosing not to alert the intruders to my presence I leisurely trotted to their location. I crouched behind a big enough bush and poked my muzzle through so I could see what was going on. Standing before me were a group of rouges in both human and wolf form surrounding two young children. I immediately recognized the young ones as members from my pack.

"When did they even have the time to take them?" And how didn't we notice? My wolf asked with a slight growl.

"It must have been when that bimbo challenged us," venom was laced thick with my words.

"Where is she?" A gruff voice shouted interrupting me from my thoughts.

"W-w-we don't know who you're talking about," the little boy stuttered.

"You know damn well who we're on about!" The person that I now know is the leader shouted. "Where is Jay?!"

"I-I don't know." They both answered shrinking away from the man.

"They're protecting us," I said in awe to my wolf.

"Yeah, but it won't be long until they kill them." I held back a growl. How could anyone murder innocent children?

I watched the scene before me with narrowed eyes and ears pricked waiting for the right moment to strike. The leader of the group walked around the children in a circle, running his hands through his hair with frustration, stopping in his tracks he let out a deep sigh. He walked back over and stood in front of the children that were clinging onto each other as if they were each other's life lines; he stared at them for a while before grabbing them by their arms and throwing them towards the bush that I was hiding behind.

"Kill them."

I didn't need to think twice. I leaped out from behind the bush and stood protectively over the children growling, showing them all my sharp, long canines. The rouges in wolf form made a semi-circle around us, growling back at me.

"Jay?" The children whispered so only I could hear them. I nodded my head with a snort in response keeping my focus on the danger in front of us. If they attacked me I wouldn't be able to fight back with the children around. I need to get them away from here, now how am I going to distract them?

"Kids I'm going to distract them so you can get away. They started to protest. No, I can handle these guys. I want you to run as fast as you can back to the pack house and get help. Can you do that for me?" I mind linked them. I turned my head slightly so I could see them out of the corner of my eye as well as the rouges. They nodded. I slowly backed up so the children were closer to the bush so they can escape that way. Hopefully, that will stop the rouges from going after them and will confuse them.