Chapter 21: Eyes Are The Windows To Your Soul

Dante's P.O.V.

"That is the worst plan you have come up with yet," Logan snorted from his seat in the back of my new office.

My fists clenched and unclenched from under the mahogany desk. I kept them hidden from everyone's sight. I tried to keep my temper in check over the past two hours while the stupid brat kept shooting down every single one of my rescue attempts. He was completely insufferable. I honestly didn't know how Ari was best friends with him.

"Logan, can you go check on the Alpha's friend for me?" Teague asked.

He stood behind me. I had no idea what his facial expression looked like but I had a sneaking suspicion it was a threatening glare.

"Whatever," the boy mumbled under his breath. He followed the order and quickly left the office. He slammed the door shut behind him.

"Thank you."

"I know he is a little hot headed but he means well, I think," Teague explained.

He came around the desk and took a seat on one of the couches across from me. It was now him, Cooper, a boy named Kevin that Teague insisted on keeping by his side, and a man he introduced as Scott, who happened to be Logan's brother.

"Is he ever going to ease up on me?"

"Probably not," Scott answered.

"He does know that while Ari is his best friend, I am still the Alpha. As soon as this is all over I will not tolerate his attitude."

"Just try and cut him a little slack right now. He is scared for her. We all heard her scream through the mind link when they took her this morning. It was terrifying. None of us have ever heard her that afraid since-" Scott choked off and didn't continue as he looked to the door.

Soon enough there was a knock interrupting the silence he left.

"Enter," I called out. I could get used to this kind of authority.

Back at the rogue house I had a room on the third floor where people had to knock before entering when we were in a meeting. But this was different. Everything felt different. There was an air of authority and power I felt while sitting in the dark brown old-fashioned office chair.

I think it had to do with Alpha Xavier sitting here. He was the one person I looked up to. He was the only man I looked up to. When I first entered the office a few hours ago, my eyes immediately scanned the room. Ari spoke the truth. Sitting right on top in the left corner of the desk was the trophy I never accepted. Alpha Xavier received it on my behalf. It brought tears to my eyes. I had to take a moment to compose myself.

I needed Ari now more than ever by my side. She belonged there as Alpha female. But I didn't have her here with me. All I had was her pack and her arrogant, rude asshole of a best friend with a mouth that needed to be slapped off of him.

My wolf itched to be let out. The teenager needed to be taught a lesson. He didn't like how he was being talked to.

I took a deep breath and looked up as the door opened. It was Jerry. Teague told me that he was Arianna's cousin. He was helping a tall girl with black hair and red streaks through it walk into the room. He placed her on the couch next to Teague before taking a seat next to her.

"Well?" I asked and looked at the both of them questioningly. Who the heck was this girl and what was she doing in my office?

The girl finally looked up. Her striking blue eyes pierced right into mine. Instantly my mind went blank and I was thinking of her again.