Chapter 32: Awkward Outing

Los Angeles, California
June 24th, 2011
Robyn Rihanna Fenty

"Chris! Open the door!" I said banging on the door. It was after 1 and I had been out her for 45 minutes. It's hot as fuck.

"Damn Robz. Stop banging on the damn door."

"I woulda stopped the first time if you would've came to the fucking door." I said walking in the house. "Where's Christian?"

"Lemme go get him for you. He was still sleep." He said jogging up the stairs. I took my phone out and scrolled through the contacts until I found Onika's number. I guess I'll see what she's doing.

You busy, baby? (1:50 PM)

"Here he is. He missed yo big forehead ass." He said handing me that car seat and diaper bag.

"I missed his yellow self too. He looks just like you." I said examining his face.  He looked exactly like him, from the big forehead, wide nose to the light splash of freckles across his face. The only thing he had from me was my eyes.

"I'll see you later, babe." He kissed my forehead and let me leave. He's still affectionate with me. He'll hug me, kiss my forehead, my cheek, sometimes my lips. I've got no problem with it, but I'm still a little uncomfortable now that I've reconnected with Onika.

Los Angeles, California
June 24th, 2010
Onika Tanya Maraj

"Just text her big forehead ass back. What could one text hurt?"

"You don't know Robyn, Bey. She's very persuasive." I turned to her. Turns out she lied about leaving. She had been in California for about a week now and didn't tell nobody. Apparently she had been reconnecting with an old flame and she wanted to spend some time with him.

"Fine." I said opening the message.

Hi. I'm not busy. (2:20 PM)

"Now tell me about this mystery man who's been occupying my time with you."

She giggled and picked up her phone. "Well she has been treating me mighty fine."

"She? Bey be getting that kitty licked? By who?" I was shocked because she was the straightest person I know.

"No one you need to know about yet. But we are going on a date tomorrow. Maybe you and Robby wanna join us?"

A rush went over me just thinking about Rih. No one telling what'll happen if she comes along. I noticed she hasn't texted me back yet. "Well if I get a text back, maybe we can work something out."

Her phone dinged and she was quick to pick it up. "Ooh she wants me to come over!"

"Seriously we seen each other for 40 minutes and you already tryna ditch me for pussy?"

"Sorry but when that tongue calls, I've gotta go. See you sweetie. Don't wait up!" I kissed her cheek and watched her run out of the door. My phone vibrated and the screen lit up. My heart rate instantly sped up.

Robyn: You wanna come through and spend the rest of this beautiful night with me😏? (2:44 PM)

And that right there is what's making me contemplate on going.

I mean, I don't know. (2:45 PM)

Robyn: What ya mean ya don't know? Christian misses his mommy and I miss ya too. (2:45 PM)

Just had to bring Christian in this. I get soft when it comes to babies.

I can't lie and say I don't miss him too. (2:47 PM)