|34| Birthday

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

  "I'll make it like your birthday everyday

I'll be your gift

Give you something good to celebrate ."

Katy Perry, Birthday  

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE PLACE MY parents rented out for me was made for wild parties. It was walking distance from a lake that glimmered in sunlight and made me think about my father and the time he tried to take us fishing.

The house itself, was large with ample garden space, far away from any of the neighbouring houses. Inside there was a large space in what must have been the living room that was ideal for partying. The kitchen was large with a large fridge and tables for food. 

There were two toilets on the ground floor too. 

A large spiral staircase went to the top floor. On the bottom of the staircase was a stage with a drumset, a piano and four microphones. A table was set up there for the cake when it came. 

When the party started, it was everything I hoped for and more. The house at night with the help of the planner, DJ and lighting team made the place look brilliant. I kept scanning around for Kaden. The drinks would start flowing in after I cut my birthday cake. 

I was still searching around for Kaden when I ran into Dean. He grinned at me when he saw me. It was hard missing the band. All of them came, and there were a crowd of female classmates that seemed fixated on them. "Amber!" He said moving gracefully past the girls. "You look radiant!" 

He closed the space between us in a quick tight hug. I grinned at him, taking in the white open jacket, black collared shirt and tight grey skinny jeans. "You look stunning, but I'm afraid you didn't follow the theme all that well."

Dean laughed. "The inside of the jacket glows in the dark," He said. "Now, how do you follow the theme?" His eyes trailed down to look at the blue crop top that showed the spot above my belly button to the tight blue skirt that just covered my ass. My arms were filled with glow in the dark blue bands.

"You'll see," I said coyly. 

He smirked, "I'd like to."

"Amber!" 

I'd recognise that voice anywhere. My lips turned into a grin and I turned to spot my best friend, Rekha walk up with a pretty Grace in tow. Rekha and Grace hugged me, wishing me happy birthday even though they wished me earlier. Rekha went all out bold with red lipstick and a sexy figure hugging red dress. Grace was dressed in white, with neon wires around her waist and the bottom of her skirt. Her hug was brief, her eyes quickly going to see Dean. Her face flushing. 

"Oh my gosh, you're Dean Farchay!" Grace all but screamed. She turned to him with shining eyes. "I used to watch you on youtube!" 

Dean's grin widened, "You're not from here, are you?"

Rekha turned to me and mimicked like she was gagging. Then, her fingers held my arm and she tugged me away from the crowd, I followed her, curious. We went to the kitchens filled with people. 

"So, have you found him yet?" Rekha asked. 

I didn't need to ask who she was talking about. "No," I frowned, "You don't think he's sick or anything." Almost unwillingly, my mind went back to the first of December where I found him outside my house. My fingers went to touch the necklace he gave me. The sharp edges of the lightning bolt felt reassuring. I was still very much afraid of thunder but he made me feel a little less afraid.