[ Chapter 6 ]

"So what are yall? Friends with Benefits? Lovers? Friends? Are y'all just talking? Give details." Lauren begged Aaliyah, but Aaliyah was just as confused, they don't really have a title, they're just..she doesn't know.

"I don't know. I mean it's complicated, we have feelings for each other, I mean I know I have feelings, but I'm scared, you know? I don't want to take a step forward and end up take ten steps back because of stupid shit. Honestly, the feelings I had for Jayceon back in high school, haver submerged from the dark grave I out them in and they are flowing everywhere. I love Jayceon, I always have, he's my first everything, but I'm afraid he'll hurt me again..." Aaliyah admitted.

"Liyaaah." Lauren cooed as she rubbed her cousin's back to console her as a tear slipped from her eyes, "Babygirl, take that risk, yes it may hurt if it doesn't go as planned, but at least you tried. Jayceon loves you, I mean truly loves you. I'm sure he wouldn't hurt you purposely.." Lauren explained to her cousin. Aaliyah wiped her tears and nodded her head, "You're right, what do I have to lose anyway?" Aaliyah answered. Lauren smiled at her cousin before pulling her into a hug.

The girls enjoyed the rest of their afternoon off as they watched movies all day.

Meanwhile, Jayceon was at the gym, putting in some extra hours of work to stay ontop of his game. He ran, worked on his ball handling skills, and his shots. After a two hour solo practice he decided to call it a night. He grabbed his things and walked to hiss hummer.

When he got home he took a nice hot shower and got dressed in some basketball shorts and got on bed and thought about Aaliyah. He couldn't stop thinking about her soft lips. He loved kissing her. Smiling, he leaned over and picked up his phone and sent her a nice long sweet message before passing out himself.

The next morning Aaliyah woke up for work. She walked into her bathroom and took a shower, afterwards she got dressed in a pink sports bra and put a black tank over it, with her black tights and her black and pink Jordans. She put her hair into a neat ponytail and did the rest of her hygiene. Once she was finished in the bathroom, she grabbed her phone and car keys. She walked downstairs checking her phone for any missed calls or text. Her face lit up when she saw a text from Jayceon.

I know you probably sleep, but I just wanted to let you know, you're constantly on my mind. I think about you all the time, what you doing? Who you with? What you wearing? Are you thinking of me? Lol, there's not a minute in the day you're not on my mind, I wish you were here with me right now, I miss you, I miss your soft grey eyes, your soft lips, your beautiful smile, your angelic voice, I miss you. Hmm I guess I'll just go to sleep and dream about you, I love you LiLi.

The message read. Aaliyah couldn't stop smiling as her and Lauren walked to the car.

"Why you smiling so hard?" Lauren asked her cousin. Aaliyah didn't answer she shrugged her shoulders and continued driving. Lauren knew it had to do with Jayceon, shaking her head at her cousin she laughed.

When they arrived at the studio, they greeted everybody and walked to their room. Once there, Aaliyah showed Lauren the dance she was working on the day Jayceon came in.

"Eww Liyah, I want to see that, you all on the floor riding that mand-" Aaliyah cut her off with a push to the shoulders as she laughed. "I'm just kidding, I would love to see the dance, the actual one not you two freaky horn dogs." Lauren explained.

Aaliyah showed her the dance as TLC Red Light Special, played. Aaliyah swayed her hips and rolled her body, just as she was doing that day Jayceon came by. Lauren liked the dance, it was sexy, taunting, she applauded her cousin for that creative dance.

"You must've been thinking of Jayceon when you picked this song an the dance.." Lauren joked. Aaliysh rolled her eyes, she picked up her phone and decided to send Jayceon a text back.

Aww Jayceon, you're so sweet. You put a smile on my face that will permanently be there for the rest of the day. (: I love youuu! Oh and Goodmorning.

After she sent the text she had two hours to teach the dance to the women. After those two hours were up, she went to 'Mama's Kitchen' and got her a rib plate, when she walked in she seen Jayceon, but he was with Amber and he was engaged in conversation with her and he was smiling. Aaliyah's heart felt broken, seeing them together reminded of them together four years ago, forgetting about her food, she stormed out of the restraunt, broken hearted and on the verge of tears. When she got in the car she looked pissed.

"Honey what's wrong?" Lauren asked her cousin, Aaliyah didn't say anything, she just pulled out and drove home in pure silence. She couldn't believe what she saw, she understands that her and Jayceon aren't together, but she thought it would at least be clear that Amber was the enemy considering she is the one that caused them to break up in the first place.

Once they got home Aaliyah went straight to her room slammed her door and layed in bed thinking of Jayceon.

This is what I get for giving him another chance she thought. She just layed there as tears silently escaped her eyes and cascade down her face.

Meanwhile, Jayceon was having lunch with Amber to straighten things out.

"Look Amber, in not saying that I didn't enjoy that day with you, but I lost the love if my life to that one mistake. I love Aaliyah, that's why we're starting over and honestly I don't want you butting in this time. So stop calling and texting me." Jayceon explained. Amber looked at him and laughed.

"I doubt that it'll work out." Amber laughed. Jayceon looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Nigga, Aaliyah is crazy, you fuck up she gone hit yo ass with an uppercut." Amber joked, causing Jayceon to laugh too. Both unaware that Aaliyah just seen them.

"But on the real Amber, don't fuck this up for me, you a beautiful girl and plenty other dudes would love you, but it ain't me." Amber nodded her head at Jayceon's response. They enjoyed the rest of their lunch and parted ways. Jayceon decided to call Aaliyah but it went straight to voicemail, he tried again and got nothing. He drove to his house calling Aaliyah, but getting nowhere, he figured she was taking a nap since she just got off of work, little did he know.....

Authors Note

Comment! Vote!