The Alpha Loves Curves (Now Edited and Altered)

"So what do you think?"

Cora held up the shimmering piece of fabric up to the ceiling, letting the light hit it so every inch threw sparkles in all directions.

Playfully Pink is what the tag said in beautiful cursive, yet my eyes said :Burn your retina out Pink.

I shook my head. "No."

"Come on Serena, just this once, please?" Cora's lips began to turn into the model perfect frown she had mastered over the past few months. 

I had to give her props. It was pretty dang close to perfect.

But still, Playfully Pink?

"No. Absolutely not."

"Only a few have ever gone to the mainstream market, and even less people have had the privilege to casually wear it. Think of all the heads you will be turning if you walk into Grey Oaks tomorrow with this one-of-a-kind dress."

I took one more glance at the pink monstrosity, also known as a size 10 baby pink Chanel sundress, and tried not to flinch away from the ray of blinding light it was casting on my face.

All thoughts of actually looking stylish at our new high school flew out the window when Cora, my 18 year old sister who thinks she's the next Coco, decided to pick my outfit for me.

Without my consent of course.

And being a fresh, new model right out of Rochelle's Modeling School, she's had all the latest trends of fashion drilled into her sparkle encrusted brain.

Which also means that from the moment she returned home, I officially became fashion impaired.

Joy.

Aside from the fact that it was almost dripping in sequins, the tiny waist line assured that I could barely fit my leg into it and nothing more. Cora must've been blind, or desperate to get me out of my jeans and band t-shirts to thrust this thing at me.

"Cora, it doesn't fit me." I pointed to the waist line, trying to emphasize my point. "In case you've forgotten, I'm not a size 10 like you."

Cora glared at me suddenly, the french manicured hand holding the dress clenched slightly.

"Hello! I'm not a size 10! I'm almost a size 6. Just a few more pounds and I'll be able to fit into Robert's latest and very chic baby blue bikini. Remember, the show is in 2 weeks and I need to look my very best!" Her eyeliner-lined eyes slid up and down my body for a brief moment and my stomach twisted up in knots.

"And I'm pretty sure you could fit into a size 10 too. I mean if you lost a lot of that extra baggage. And you changed your hair color and got some plastic surgery to lift up your nose-"

"Cool it with the insults Cor, I've had enough about how I'm not thin enough to model. I honestly don't want to do that." I said heatedly. "And besides, mom's and your berating me won't get me on the model bandwagon anytime."