Silence loves him more

Start from the beginning

I grapped my stuff and I was quickly dressed back as Silence.

As I was dressing up I could feel him fighting with his wolf.

I never understood that stuff and I don't ever think I will. My wolf will always be weaker than me and when I'm in my wolf form I am in full control.

"Dumb mate," I muttered under my breath as I slammed the door shut.

The room Jackson and I were given was probably the furthest from the dinning room. I don't think anyone heard unless they were trying to spy.

Which was useless if they thought I was just going to the restroom or something and Alex was supposed to be doing work. Who would want to spy on that?

I started walking till I finally made my way to the dinning room.

When I entered I was suprised to see everyone laughing, even Jackson.

I didn't know what came over me but the thought of Jackson actually getting alone with the other members of the pack aggravated me.

When they heard me come in they all stopped what they were doing and gave me their full attention.

I rushed over to Jackson's chair and grabbed him by the arm. I made sure I didn't hurt him when I started dragging him out of the dinning room.

He was surprised but didn't object the fact that we were leaving. He never objects my decisions.

I am not planning on staying here and I am not planning on rejecting that idiot. I had no clue what I was going to do. Rejection was not an option but leaving the pack house was.

That is...until a sudden voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Why are you two leaving? Did we do something wrong? Just say the word we can fix it. Alex and my other brothers Roy and Daniel can fix it," said Olive as she stood up from her chair and rushed toward us.

A small smile formed on Jackson's lips. "Don't worry, everything is okay. It's just time for us to be heading out now."

"Will you guys come back? Please say yes. Today was so much fun! And besides we never got to sing you happy birthday!" She paused and started messing around with her fingers before she continued. "S-so would you two mind staying....?"

Jackson shock his arm waiting for me to answer Olive's question.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders not knowing the answer to the question either.

"I guess it's up to your alpha Olive. Just right now I think it's best that we leave. Besides Rose might still be out there waiting for us."

Olive looked disappointed, which started making me feel guilty.

"Okay. It's fine. I hope you find her."

"Don't worry, we will," Jackson gave her one last smile and turned forward letting me lead the way out of the pack house.

It was surprising to me that no one tried stopping us from leaving but also very disappointing that Alex was letting me leave so easily without trying to stop me.

Once Jackson and I made it outside and far away from the pack house but still on their territory I stopped and dropped my backpack on the ground next to a tree.

I let go of Jackson's arm and sat down next to the tree because of the long day we had. I closed my eyes just savoring this relaxing moment.

"Rose, what the hell?"

"Don't say that. Be more proper," I responded while still relaxing next to the tree."

"Okay then. What the heck? We were having a good time. What happened?"

"Alex happened," I said through my grinded teeth.

"That's not an answer."

"It is for me."

"I don't think it would have been an answer for mom."

With the mention of his mother I opened my eyes giving him the reaction he wanted.

"Did you just pull the Maria guilt card on me?"

He smirked and sat down next to me.

"Your not one to talk, you use it all the time on me, I rarely ever get to use it on you."

I giggle a little. "True. That's because I'm actually a very descent young lady."

"Rose, you killed 3 werewolves today."

"Fine. A descent young lady with minor imperfections," I smiled under my mask.

Jackson smiles also before looking ahead to the distance.

"What happened with Alex?"

I take off my mask and beanie cap knowing that I could do this better without the extra stuff getting in my way.

"He said that a mate is only there for sex. He wants sex and that's something I can't give to him. I'm not that attracted to him, my wolf is. I'm more powerful than her so of course my feelings will overthrown her's, but the feeling is still there. I want him and he wants me. If it were normal I would have probably been in his bed right now but its not. I don't have that much love toward him yet."

"So what he say?"

"After that we got into an argument and one thing lead to another and well...it ended up with him saying he doesn't care how I feel," my voice cracked a little at the end showing that I was a little hurt by the fact my mate didn't care.

I felt Jackson's arms come around me. He pulled me into his chest and started rubbing my back.

"It's okay. Besides who needs the guy anyway? We have each other and you know I will always care for you. Even if its not as strong as a mate connection the feeling will and forever will be there."

His words were so sweet. I grabbed him a pulled him into a tighter hug.

"Thank you," I whispered as I planted a kiss on his forehead.

"For what? I didn't do anything."

"Thank you for being here. I would be lost without you, so thank you."

"Yea."

I let go of Jackson and started laying down on the ground getting ready to go to sleep.

"Sorry Jackson today I can't shift if they scense my power they would come to investigate. It would be lots of trouble."

Jackson smiled and reached over to his backpack.

"Don't worry I got us covered....literally."

I watched as he stared pulling out a big fluffy blanket from his backpack.

"Where did you get that?"

"I stole it from the room we were in. I guess it came in handy after all."

"Right now I should be telling you how bad it was to do that but I'm to sleepy come on lets sleep."

I opened my arms waiting for him to come sleep. He spread the blanket so it covered us both and gently laid down next to me.

When we both got comfortable the only thing we did was smile at each other.

"How did you like your birthday?"

"It was probably the most memorable birthday's I have ever had."

It was.

.......

😁