Ashes

Hey guys!!

Thank you so much for choosing to read this story. I truly appreciate it. I really hope you all will enjoy this Linstead FanFiction. If you have a questions or thoughts, let me know. Don't forget to vote, comment and maybe leave me a follow. Thanks and enjoy!

//

Jay dragged his feet as they walked to the parking lot at the District. The incessant clomping was enough to drive her completely insane as they were practically nails on chock boards to her. She looked over her shoulder to see Jay pouting, the expression on his face melted her heart in an instant and right then and there, she had forgotten why she was irritated in the first place.

"Wouldn't it be a great idea if you'd let me drive this time?" Jay whined, his eyes gleaming with excitement at the mere thought of driving.

"Wouldn't it be even better if you'd stop begging for once?" Erin answered sarcastically as she opened the door to the drivers' seat.

There was no way in hell that she's going to let him drive. Ever. It may sound ridiculous for two adults to be arguing about but it's the one thing she has control over. And she wasn't going to ruin her privileges just to fulfil his ego.

He crossed his arms over his chest in defeat. "Don't give me that look, Halstead." she said and planted a quick kiss on lips before driving off.

Right now as they sat quietly on their stakeout, keeping an eye out for 'unusual activities' on one of the city's most notorious kingpins, Erin can't help but feel grateful to finally be alone with Jay.

Just the two of them.

Going out on a lead, just the two of them, was the absolute best part of any case. It may seem unusual for a cop to say that it wasn't the action filled shootouts that pulls them out of bed every morning but it was the truth. Only because she was biased since it was with Jay.

Her partner and lover.

If it was with anybody else like Ruzek, she knows her answer wouldn't be the same.

Erin leaned her head against the steering wheel in exhaustion. The whole Unit have been all over the new case for the past 3 days and every time they thought they were a step closer to solving the case, they just happened to find themselves back at the beginning.

"You have any plans for tonight?" Jay asked breaking the silence.

She rolled her eyes when she felt his hand creeping up on her thigh. It doesn't take a genius to know his true intentions.

"Well, I have a life. Unlike you."

She gasped when his hands went higher.

"Jay!" she exclaimed and smacked his hand off her thigh.

"You're like a horny teenager."

They hadn't had much time to get it on since they've all practically pulled an all-nighter in the last couple of days and Jay's desperation was clearly showing.

"You'll just have to wait for tonight."

"Tonight? That's like nine hours. C'mon, I'll be quick."

Though the tempting offer, she knows they can't just go for a quickie anytime and everywhere they want.

Instead of seeing pure passion in his ocean blue eyes like she expected, she saw fear.

"Oh shit..."

She turned around to see three men walking towards them, only a few feet away from the car. Since they were too busy fooling around, they haven't even noticed them approaching. She cursed for allowing herself to get distracted so easily. No wonder the District has strict rules on in-house relationships since this was definitely the downside of dating your partner.