Chapter 4

Jade's POV

*Hours later*

"Miss, we have landed", I hear. I slowly open my eyes. I'm quite peaceful. That is, until I remember what I'm here for. I'm nervous. I really am. I guess it's understandable but I'm literally shaking. Today I'm meeting my real family. The people who were supposed to raise me. The policemen said they had been looking for me for years.... Will they like me? Will they be disappointed? Do I have siblings? Will they accept me? All these questions bounce around in my brain as we get off the plane and walk to a slick black car that had apparently been waiting for us. It had tinted windows so I couldn't see inside. But from what i can see from the outside, the inside must be nice too. I get in. I was right. My thinking is interrupted by a voice. A voice belonging to the conductor. He is a bit old, but strong-looking. He has a gray mustache and is wearing the same uniform as the special agent, only instead of an American flag, he has a British one. * I am about to take you to your family*, he says, * Please make yourself comfortable. It's a bit of a long ride*. I do as he says. I wipe the sweat on the palm of my hands on my jeans. I also start playing with a strand of my hair. I look out the window. This place is really different from America. There's phone booths every corner, they buildings are odd-looking too. It's very pretty though. The place isn't going to be as hard to get used to as I thought. I take my iPod out and scroll through the pages. I get bored and lock it. I look out the window again. We have entered a small urbanization. " This is Holmes Chapel", the driver said. I only nod. He stops at a nice welcoming-looking house and looks back at me. "Are you ready?", he asks. I take a deep breath and hesitate. I look back to the house. I look towards the driver and nod my head yes. "Okay then", he says. He gets out and opens the car door for me to get out. I do and take another deep breath. Here goes nothing...