rewritten by: ME :) G
this is more than a story in a book; it is a guide to a 40-day spiritual journey that will enable you to discover the answer to life's most important question: What on earth am i here for? By the end of this journey you will know God's purpose for your life and will understand the big picture___how all the pieces of your life fit together. Having this perspective will reduce your stress, sinplify your decisions, increase your satisfaction, and, most important, prepare you for eternity.
YOUR NEXT 40 DAYS
Today the average life span is 25,500 days. That's how long you will live to set aside 40 of those days to figure out what God wants you to do with the rest of them?
The Bible is clear that Od considers 40 days a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for his purpose, he took 40 days:
• Noah's life was transformed by 40 days of rain.
• Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai.
• The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land.
• David was transformed by Goliath's 40-day challenge.
• Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal.
• The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change.
• Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness.
• The descipled were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.
The next 40 days will transform your life
This story ( from the book ) is divided into 40 brief chapters. I strongly urge you to read only one chapter a day, so will have time to think about the implications for your life. The Bible says, "LET GOD TRANSFORM YOU INTO A NEW PERSON BY CHANGING THE WAY YOU THINK. THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS YOU TO DO."
One reason most stories ( from the book ) dont transform us is that we are so eager to read the next chapter, we dont pause and take the time to seriously consider what we have just read. We rush to the next truth without reflecting on what we have learned.
Dont just read this story ( from the book ). Interact with it. Write your own thoughts. Make it you story. Personalize it! The story ( from the book ) have helped me most are the ones that i reacted to, not just read.
FOUR FEATURE TO HELP YOU
At the end of each chapter is a section called "Thinking My Purpose." There you will find:
• A POINT TO PONDER. This is a nugget of truth that summarizes a principle of purpose-driven living that you can reflect on throughout your day. Paul told Timothy, "REFLECT ON WHAT I AM SAYING, FOR THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU INSIGHT INTO ALL THIS."
• A VERSE TO REMEMBER. This is a Bible verse that teaches us a truth from the chapter. If you really want to improve your life, memorizing the Scripture maybe the most important habit you can begin. You can either copy these verses onto small cards to carry with you, or purchase a Purpose Driven Life Scripture Keeper Plus.
( i bet own written copies from you as you read will be the best :) )
• A QUESTION TO CONSIDER. These question will help you think about the implications on what you have read and how it applies to you personally. Let me encourage you write your answers in your notebook, or obtain a copy of The Purpose-Drive Life Journal, a companion book designed for this purpose. Writing down your thoughts is the best way to clarify them.
In appendix 1 you will find:
• DISCUSSION QUESTIONS. I strongly urge you to get one or more friends to join you in reading this book during the next 40 days. A journey is better when it is shared. With a partner or a small reading group you can discuss what you read and bounce ideas off each other. This will help you grow stronger and deeper spiritually. Real spiritual growth is never an ISOLATED , individualistic pursuit. Maturity is produced through relationships and community.
The best way to explain God's purpose for your life is to allow Scripture to speak for yourself, so in this story ( from the book ) of the Biblr is quoted extensively, using over a thousand different verses from the fifteen English translations and paraphrased. I have the varied versions used for several important reasons, which i explain in appendix 3.
I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU
As i wrote this story ( from the book ) I often prayed that you would experience the incredible sense of hope, energy, and joy that comes from discovering what God put you on this planet to do. There's nothing quite like it. I am excited because i know all the great things that are goibg to happen to you. They happened to me and I have never been the same since I discovered the purpose of my life.
Because I know the benefits, I want to challenge you to stick with this spiritual journey for the next 40 days, not missing a single day reading. Your life is worth taking the time to think about it. Make it a daily appointment on your schedule. If you will commit to this, let's sign a covenant together. There is something significant about signing your name to a commitment. Of you get a partner to read through this with you, have him sign it too. Lets get started together.!!
YOU ARE READING
THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE - rick warrenNon-Fiction
This is from the book "The Purpose Drive Life" since few of my friends posted about this book naisip ko instead na tapusin ung gnagawa kong lesbian life story to nlng ang isusulat ko every day kada tapos kong basahin...hope magustuhan nyo to lalo na...