The Fall

Rainbow Dash was sitting on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She had just finished tryouts for the Canterlot High soccer team, and was exhausted. She had been practicing for months, and had done better then her best to make sure she was ready. In fact, she had even read a book! (Other than Daring Do of course).
     She sighed, and closed her eyes. She had done awesome, as usual, but was worried about if she would get to be on the team or not! I mean, this wasn't your average soccer team. This was the Canterlot HIGH soccer Team, run by Spitfire and Soarin! They were captains for a reason you know.
      As she continued to fill herself with doubt, her phone suddenly buzzed. She shot up and turned it on instantly, hoping to see a certain email. Sadly, it was just Pinkie Pie.

     "Hiyah Dashie! Guess what! I found a really cool bracelet! It's pink and sparkly! I love it sooooooo much! Oh also btw me and the girls are going to Sugarcube corner. Wanna come?"

       "Oh alright. Might as well. It's better then sitting here and doing nothing." She said aloud, grabbing her key's and jacket, and exiting her room. "Bye mom I'm going with pinkie pie to the bakery!" She called out to her mom, wherever she was at. She opened the door, shut it, and got into her rainbow styled car. She pulled out of the driveway, and was driving toward the bakery when suddenly, she heard a loud scream. She slammed on her breaks, quickly got out of the car, and was looking around to find where the scream had come from.
       She looked up, and then saw a body falling through the sky. She didn't wait any longer . She ran towards the figure with her arms stretched open and called to it, saying to hold on. The figure didn't hear, and continued to yell, plummeting towards the ground. Then, with a thud, it was caught by Rainbow Dash, who could now see clearly who it was now.
      "Soarin? What the heck just happened?" She asked dropping him onto the ground, with one eyebrow raised.
      "Rainbow Dash! Thank you so much!" He said as he tried to stand up. He fell again, and muttered "ow", before standing up fully to meet the confused eyes of Rainbow Dash.
      "Ya ya. Whatever. Now answer my question."
     "Oh right. About that. He he... Funny story actually." He said awkwardly pressing his two fingers together. "I was trying to kick a goal from my dads airplane and I uh. Sorta. Fell out". He said, a blush rising to his cheeks.
      Rainbow Dash sighed. Of course. Soarin was always doing stupid stunts like that. Although she did have to admit that she would totally do that on a regular basis. The only difference would be that she wouldn't fall out.
"Right well ok. I got to go Soarin. Oh wait! Do you know if they sent the email out yet?" She asked hopefully.
     Soarin shook his head. "Sorry Rainbow Dash, I don't have any idea." She groaned.
     "Alright fine. Well I got to go. See you later." She said without so much of a sideways glance as she got into her car and drove away.
     "Bye." Soarin whispered and grinned, before whistling and heading toward his house. He always had liked Rainbow Dash. Not romantically, but he admired her sense of spirit and free will. The truth was that he did know wether or not she was on the team, but he wanted her to wait a little. Why? He didn't know. But hey, she'd find out eventually right?