Chapter 3: The Death Star

Mulai dari awal

"Dad, I know you told me not to say anything, but I'm scared," Jon admitted quietly. This was something that was very hard for him to do. The boy never wanted anyone to believe he was weak and foolish. After all, Han was anything but weak and foolish.

"There's no one here," came an unfamiliar voice. Jon guessed it must have been that of a Stormtrooper. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the sound of footsteps receded from the Falcon.

"Do you think it's safe to come out now?" asked Jon. He now spoke slightly louder than he had been previously.

"I guess so," answered Han. He carefully removed the covering of the hold. He heard the sound of the other compartment also being opened.

"Boy, it's lucky you had these compartments," said Luke.

"I use 'em for smuggling," said Han. "I never thought I'd be smuggling myself in 'em."

"I sometimes use them for playing hide-and-seek," Jon added.

"Yeah, and every time you do, you damn near give me a heart attack," said Han.

"What can I say?" asked Jon. He smiled innocently. "They're good hiding spots."

"This is ridiculous," Han continued. "Even if I could take off, I'd never get past the tractor beam."

"Leave that to me," said Ben.

"Damn fool. I knew you were gonna say that," said Han. He grunted as he said this, because he had lifted himself out of the compartment. He then pulled Jon right up next to him.

"Who's the more foolish?" asked Ben. "The fool, or the fool who follows him?"  Chewie popped his head out of the hold.

*I'm happy to be out of there,* said Chewie. Both Han and Jon rubbed his head.

"Me too, Chewie," said Jon. "Like I said, it's fun to play hide-and-seek in the compartments, but what just happened was really scary. And I hope I never have to do anything like that ever again. So, Dad, what are we gonna do now?"

"I don't know," said Han. "I'm trying to think." It was then that a pair of Imperial officers came aboard the Falcon. "It's a scanning crew," Han explained. "I can handle this." He quickly punched out both members of the scanning crew.

"That's your plan?" Luke asked mildly. "To punch everybody?"

"Yes," Han replied nonchalantly. "You got a problem with that?"

"Luke, punching people is just one of my dad's solutions for getting out of tight spots," said Jon. "Just be glad he hasn't shot anybody. Yet, that is."

"And punching out the scanning crew is only one part of this plan I'm slowly forming," said Han.