Hi, Finn again.
(Seriously, if my name isn't haunting you yet, I'm clearly not trying hard enough.)
This is a very special chapter.
As promised, here are some rules for submitting/nominating work to this Halloween's Fright Fest.
But first, take a listen to this: a preview of the eerie piano song I've composed especially for this event!
• The work must be a stand alone piece. This means I cannot accept a story that is already part of a collection or anthology. This is because the winner sticker will need to be on the cover of the work submitted/nominated.
• Submitted work needs the tag #FrightFest2016 to enter. Nominated work should preferably have this tag, but it's not compulsory since original authors might be on hiatus or busy.
• Work needs to either be in the horror, mystery, thriller or paranormal genres, and/or be generally dark or frightening, or Halloween themed. For example, this means a Halloween themed humour poem can also be included.
• Please refrain from spamming. Spam nominations/submissions won't be counted.
• All 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive a notification via PM and a link to a transparent badge to put on their book cover right away!
• Submissions/nominations will go live alongside this novella which is now LIVE! Any submissions or nominations before this time will not be counted.
• Submissions/nominations will end on November 3rd and any after this time will not be counted.
So, to recap:
• Stand alone pieces only (you need somewhere to put your sticker!)
• Submit/nominate in a comment.
• Submissions need #FrightFest2016 while nominations should preferably have this.
• Horror, mystery, paranormal, thriller genres; pieces with a dark/frightening theme; pieces that relate to Halloween.
• Please don't spam.
• A piece can only win one prize.
• Sticker winners will be notified via PM once they are picked.
Remember that anyone is free to enter, whether you're a story writer or poet, have a complete story or work in progress, are established or new. Don't be shy when entering; you might just surprise us with something!
Any further questions feel free to get in touch. Don't be a stranger. (Strangers = bad in horror.)
THE FRIGHT FEST NOVELLA!
The Sinister Fate of Joseph Redding is now live and updating!
Now, if you don't already know I run a (very new...) Twitter account or post all character-related artwork in my Art Book on Wattpad, then you will have missed the portraits I've done for the two main characters of our books.
"Joseph Redding" from his book, Sinister Fate set in 1888.
Be there or be scared.
(That doesn't even make any sense, Finn...)
I'm running with it anyway.
YOU ARE READING
The Sinister Fate of Joseph ReddingParanormal
[Formerly Featured/Historical Horror] Masquerading as a gentlemanly bachelor living in Victorian England, Joseph Redding is a fraud amongst the living. After splitting from his partner in unspeakable, underground crimes, he must now pay the price fo...