"The Robert Browning Proposal"

It was called The City of Lights

Kristin Kreuk and Tom Welling, two of Hollywood's most sought-after celebrities, the loveliest new couple this side of the West Coast, the prettiest faces of their generation, and the two most talented actors of their time, were out for an evening stroll on their way to their destination for a quick errand.

They were both wearing dark clothing- Kris, a black large-buttoned trench coat and slacks, and Tom in a dark gray hoodie that says 'Cornell' on the front, matching some faded dark denim jeans. Sure their outfits were pretty warm for the middle of May, but being the popular public figures that they are, they needed disguises. Of sorts. They were only trying to be discreet, so as not to attract the press. Then again, this is LA. You see a famous face around almost every corner.

The couple just hoped not very many will be bugging them. This fame thing can really be a bitch.

Kris and Tom had been going out for quite some time now. They first got together one year and three months after Smallville, the show which brought them together, and they've been dating ever since.

Kris split from Mark, her ex-fiance, and he went and moved to South America not long after that.

Tom, meanwhile, divorced his ex-wife Jamie, and five months before the show ended, she signed the divorce papers and they were finalized.

Kris and Tom have been together now for two and a half years.

The two of them had been planning on signing a seven-year contract for a show that's being offered to them on a silver platter for the last few months.

It's another primetime series distributed and produced by the WB -- a show where they get to be the lead male and lead female...AGAIN.

Just like old times...

It's a period love story that's supposed to be of epic proportions.

They've been thinking it over, and last night, they finally decided to sign on.

They were walking to the store, her hand in his, just waiting by the light to cross the street. When all the sudden, she felt his hand tighten around hers. She looked up to him, worried.

"Tom? Something wrong?"

Swallowing, he chuckles nervously. "N-nothing...uh, I'm fine, Baby, I'm fine."

The light turns red and the pedestrians start crossing the street. "Oh. Ok then."

"Actually!" He blurts out, suddenly but gently pulling her hand back. They were now in the middle of the street, blocking other pedestrians. "Kris, would you marry me?"

His voice was desperate and breathless. In the meantime, she was taken utterly by surprise. Her words caught in her throat, if they ever formed in her brain.