"Liam, tell us about your last mission, how many did you take down?" Niall asks him, gaining everyone's attention. "I hope it was bloody."

"None actually, we just made sure to keep them out of our territory," Liam replies, munching on his sandwich.

Niall's nose wrinkles, his eyebrows frowning. "Aw, man, so no blood? No horrific screams? No--"

"Settle down, blonde satan," H suddenly interrupts, sliding in a seat next to Liam, making sure to pat him on the head while Liam flips him off.

"Who were you talking about?" I ask. I like to let people who like to talk do just that, finding out all the crucial information that way. 

"Vortex soldiers, babe," Niall replies, giving me a small smirk. "I'm Niall, by the way."

"I know, babe," I reply, not really enjoying the term he used. "I'm Elena."

"I know." He winks, taking a bite of his meal. "Pretty name for a p--"

H groans loudly. "Fuck, can you not? We've heard that thousand times, she's probably heard it thousand times, think of something original already or just use your hand."

Wow. I snort, almost choking on my food, letting out a few coughs, muffling them with my fisted hand. I feel Jess' hand patting me on the back and I nod, signalling her it's okay. I clear my throat after I manage to swallow the bite, glancing at H who seems to be amused with my reaction.

"Cockblock," Niall mutters under his breath while all of us burst into a chorus of laughter.

"What were you talking about before the wanker flirted with my baby sister?" Alex asks Liam.

"Stop calling me that, we're the same age," I tell him, rolling my eyes. "As in twins," I add when Louis sends me a questioning look.

"Well, someone had to get out first," Alex retorts while pointing to himself and muttering, "I'm a born winner."

"Yeaaah. . . you guys totally look alike," Louis comments, his eyes flicking back and forth between us in a confused manner.

"Newsflash, nonidentical twins do exist, Chipmunk," H cuts in, peeling off a banana while Louis glares at him.

I laugh lightly at his remark, liking this carefree side he's shown. Granted, I've only been here for three days, but I have managed to see his angry, annoyed, and the one that surprised me the most – his vulnerable side.  His episode yesterday was something I have definitely seen a few times, even experienced myself, so it wasn't hard to conclude how to calm him down.

"Fuck, we're back to that nickname?" Louis exasperates. "What is it with you and your obsession with animal nicknames?"

"They're funny," H replies, shrugging. "And fun. . . to me." His lips pull in a satisfied smile.

"Okay, can we focus on me and my story?" Liam says. "As I was saying, we forced them out of our territory.  In the past few days, they've been mostly scouting near our borders, not really starting a fight or anything. It's strange since they would usually open fire and shit would go down. We have no idea what are they after."

I tense immediately, noticing Alex's stiff posture as well. They probably haven't got a clue we're in Hazard, but I still can't help but feel anxious.  We're expecting to stay here for at least two or three months.

"Well, it's the end of the month and it's time for the monthly delivery, twats are probably waiting to attack at the right moment," Niall comments, rolling his eyes. "They never know exactly which day and where the delivery will take place, so they observe."