The Question

Jada's POV

"Finally they are gone." I say. Audrey scribbles over something in her notebook and writes down something else. She shows it to me.

"I was gonna start throwing pencils." she wrote.

"Me too." I giggle. I pause as I try to read what she scribbled over. "What'd you wanna ask me?" I ask her.

"It's nothing." she jots down.

"Ask me. Please."

"Fine" she writes down. I watch her write down her question. "Would you go out with me?" she writes.

"Oh... I... uh... oh look at the time... Bye!" I say running out.

I didn't know she felt that way about me. I run down stairs and out of her house and all the way back to mine. She probably hates me now. I would if I were her. I feel terrible, but it was all so sudden and I didn't know what to say. I mean I kinda like her. Should I call her? No, that's stupid she wouldn't say anything. I should text her. I look around my room for my phone. Shiz, I left it at Audrey's house. Frick. I guess I'll go back and get it.

I run all the way back over to her house. I knock on the door. "Hey Jada, why are you back?" asks Audrey's mom.

"I left my phone." I say quickly then go around her. I go upstairs and to Audrey's room and slowly go in.

At first I dont hear her and then I notice she's balled up in the corner of her room, crying. I run over to her. "Audrey. Please stop crying." I say. She shakes her head no. "Well, will you at least write something down and tell me how you feel?" I ask. She shakes her head no again. I sit down beside her and pull her into my lap. "Audrey. Will you please stop crying?" She finally shakes her head yes. I hug her tightly, then I help her up and get my phone. "Uhh...Bye." I say. she waves and flops down on her bed. I'm going home now.