Chapter 17

Ambers POV

I got out of the water and I sat on Austins surf board. He got up gasping for air.

"AMBER!" He shouted and swam towards me. It took a couple minutes until he reached me.

"I got so scared babe!" He got on the board and hugged me. He hugged me tight.

"I'm okay Austin." I said as I hugged his wet body.

He pulled away from me but still holding my arms and said "I thought I lost you ...." He hugged me again.

"Don't do that again." I can feel his heart beating fast. He's breathing hard. I started laughing. All of sudden I hear "Hey you two ! Get a room!" Alex shouted. Robert and Zach sat there laughing. I start laughing. Austin looked 1at me. I looked at him back. He was red and was breathing hard. I didn't notice that I was leaning in and so was he. I opened my eyes and saw my board float by. I feel his hand rub against my cheek and his breathe was warm. We were close to each other.

"Get it Austin!" Robert screamed.

I can feel him smile. I smiled too. He was about to lean in for a kiss but I dove back into the water. The water was cold. I swam to my board and sat on it. I looked back at Austin. He ran his hands through his hair,look down, he bite his lips and smiled back at me.

Why didn't you kiss him amber ? You should've kissed him. I thought to myself while I was getting out of the ocean. I dragged my board onto the sand and plopped on the floor next to Sara. She looked at me.

"I saw that" She smiled

"Saw what?" I laughed. She turned on her side and chuckled.

"You were going to kiss Austin!" She yelled.

"I know." I smiled. The sky was bluer than the ocean. The clouds were moving slow, slower than a sloth. The wind was mild. It was perfect. I sat up sand I see Austin,Alex,Robert, and Zach playing in the water. They riding waves. They all were smiling and having fun.

"Are you going to stay tonight?" Sara asked.

"Where?"

"Here... Were going to do a bonfire." She turned on her side. Her back looked red.

"Yea I'll stay" I said getting up. I wiped the sand off my body.

"I'm going to take a shower" I looked down at Sara. She looked up at me and nodded.

Austin's POV

After I rode a wave for the billionth time with Alex, I layed down on my board. The calm wind hit the board and pushed it away from the ocean shore.

"I got a question for you Austin" Alex said paddling towards me.

"Yea what." I sat up.

"Did you tell amber yet?"

"Yea I told her a few days ago." I looked down.

"Did you also tell her that you're going to be gone for a year not 6 months."

"No. I didn't tell her yet. I told her that im going to be gone for 6 months. She's gonna be mad again." I looked down again.

"Again?" He asked. I looked at him.

"Yea. I told her that i was going to be gone for 6 months and she got mad. Shes not mad anymore." I saw amber come out the girls bathroom with wet hair and new pair of clothes. She sat near Sara and looked at me. I smiled and she waved at me.

"Are you going to the bonfire?" Alex asked me.

"Yea. I'm probably going to tell her then." I looked at him .

If this chapter gets 15 votes. I'll make chapter 18 :) So please vote :)