Chapter Twenty Nine

"How was school today?" Harry's voice echoed through the speaker phone. I was putting nutella on a piece of white bread.

"You know, same old same old." I shrugged even though he couldn't see me. "How have you been?"

"Um." he paused. "Still not too good. I hope to be back on Monday but I don't know if it will happen."

"I had a feeling you would say that...I just miss you. I don't like you sick."

"I miss you too babe."

"But thank god tomorrow is Friday."

"Yeah then you can sleep late."

"I know that sounds like heaven." My goal is to surprise Harry with my 'new look'. I think he will be proud that I am doing what I want. I hope he likes it though.

"Harry?" I heard Anne's voice in the back round. She just got her divorce and moved here in a new house with Harry and Gemma. I'm so happy that worked out. It got a little messy though. Harry's a lot happier and so are they. Harry's house is closer than before so I can walk there. Not that I'm a big fan of that. But if I need, I can.

"Yeah mum. I'm talking to Jill."

"Oh ok tell her I said hello."

"Mum says hello." Harry groaned.

"Tell her I say hi back."

"She says hi now can I please just talk to her." He moans.

"No say goodbye you need to sleep."

"Mum. I'm not 4."

"Harold." I tried my best not to laugh at this moment.

"I have to go. I'll talk to you soon."

"Feel better soon, I need you." I said almost joking.

"I need you too." He said with no joking matter in his voice, making my heart flutter.

"Bye beautiful."

"Bye Haz."

"Well aren't you two just the cutest?" Shay said from behind me leaning on the door. I just roll my eyes as she steps in my room.

"Here. Good?" She said throwing a box at me. I picked it up and it was my red hair dye.

"Perfect, I love it thank you." She nodded in response and sat next to me on my bed.

"When do you want to do this?" she asked.

".....how about right after you take me to get my lip pierced?" I said hoping she will agree. I mean she has one so she knows what its like.

She hesitated before answering. "What did your mom say?"

"She said once im 15 I can."

"....ok fine. But if after she gets mad, its not my fault. Understand?"

"Yes, yes lets go!"

It felt like forever till we got to the mall. Traffic and tons of people. Why is it so busy on a Thursday, damn! We swirled through the people to a little stand that does piercings in the middle of the hall next to a baseball cap store.

"Hello how can I help you?" a peppy-purple haired girl asked us.

"Hey can she get her lip pierced?" Shay asked as I look around at people passing.

"Sure just come this way." I sat in a chair and waited for her to set up everything.

"You scared?" Shay asked smiling.

"Yes! I've seen this done on youtube. They push a needle through your lip!"

"Yeah but it doesn't hurt as much as you would think."

"Better not or im going to scream."

"You probably will."

"Gee thanks." I said sarcastically.

"Alright ready?" The girl asked.

"...sure"

She took a marker and found the right place on the right side of my lip and evened it out. She put some weird clamp looking thing on my lip but that didn't hurt, it was just cold. Then she took her needle and quickly pushed it through. I let out an 'eep' which made Shay laugh. Before I knew it the lip ring was in and I felt better, even though it was still incredibly sore. I can not believe that I just got a fricken lip ring. Now I am getting that worried feeling about what every one will think. But I have to stop, who cares what they think.

"You did it kid." Shay patted my back and I let out a laugh feeling a new stud on my mouth.

Shay paid and we thanked the girl and said goodbye. I wanted to post something about this somewhere online but Harry would see. I took a pic and texted Perrie, Dani, El, and Spencer telling them not to tell Harry. All of them loved it.

"Thank you again."

"No problem. Ready to make that hair of yours red?"

"I've been ready for years."

*.*.*.

"Ready to see?" Shay asked putting down the hair brush. I finished dyeing it and Shay styled it but wouldn't let me see. Which is typical her. I nodded and closed my eyes getting up and standing in front to the mirror. I took a deep breath. What if I don't like it or it's too much? I have to get this over with. I opened my eyes and saw my semi bright red hair. Wow.

"Woah! I love it! ahhh!" I jumped up and down.

"I know its perfect for you!"

"Yay!"

"Ok, ok I went to the store today while you were at school and got you some clothes I though you would like."

"You know you don't have to do all this."

"I know but this is fun and exciting, why not get more clothes?" She said making me laugh. God I love her.

"How about we go get some food?"

"Yes!"

"McDonalds?"

"I could go for their fries right now." I agreed to her request.

"Same that's why i suggested it." She said nudging my arm. We walked in to the cold weather to get to the car.

"Damn it I hate winter!" Shay exclaimed.

"I love/hate it."

"You what?" She asked getting the car started.

"Well I love it sometimes and sometimes I hate it." I said looking at my hair and playing with my lip.

"You really like that stuff don't you?"

"Ummhum."

"Good but I hope you still like it in a week."

"I will." I said sticking out my tongue.

Walking into McDonalds I told Shay to order me a kids meal because im just that badass, and I found us a table. I sat quietly on my phone waiting for Shay to return. I cant stop thinking Harry wont like this. I did this for me, because of him, I did this for me. Not because I want to change for him or to fit in with his friends. I got snapped out of my day dream by a nasty familiar voice. I look up to see all the way in the back Sandy hitting on the nerdy guy that works here. I do not want to guess what she wants, she is such a slut. She's leaned over in a small crop top shirt and the guy looks pretty confused. I got up and walked to the other side of the restaurant where she couldn't see me.

"Where you going?" Shay asked with a tray of food.

"I changed my mind I want to sit over there." I pointed to the high chairs and Shay just rolled her eyes laughing and walked in that direction. That was close, that bitch better not come near us though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:* mmwahh (please follow meh twitter) love ya plz comment