Allie couldn’t help herself. She found her eyes focused on the television, her eyebrows knit together with concern as she stared at the TV anchorwoman and listened to her droning on and on about the story. Various pictures of Justin were being broadcasted on the screen; some showed him before he became addicted to drugs and partying, and others showed him after - getting drunk, getting arrested, mugshots.

Allie quickly tore her gaze away when she saw a mugshot of Justin; it was too painful. She focused instead on the suitcase lying propped open at the foot of her bed. She furrowed her eyebrows further, doing her best to figure out what else she needed to pack.

“-The incidents surrounding Justin and his newfound partying lifestyle were, of course, predicted and, in some cases, expected by many parents and observers of Young Hollywood.” 

This time it was a different voice - a man’s voice. It seemed to be an interview of some sort.

“Justin had been introduced to fame and fortune at such a young age that it was very difficult for him to handle it. He’d only been in the industry for a few years when he got caught up with the wrong crowd and began living this hard partying lifestyle - he was staying out all night, getting drunk, doing hard drugs, sleeping around. It was not good. Some say he just wasn’t ready to deal with all of the fame and the publicity, others say he wasn’t mature enough. Anyone who knew Justin before his downfall would never have guessed that he’d turn out that way and take a turn down that road. No one really knew what came over him and why he suddenly started acting the way that he did. We all had thought he’d never become just another child star that went down the drain. Some people doubted him, but those closest to him had the utmost faith that he would be able to maintain a strong head and refrain from falling into the partying life. It was a shame.”

Allie took another deep breath, letting it out slowly as she rummaged through one of her bottom drawers, looking for her favorite swimsuit. She kept trying to tune out the words of the news segment, but every time she tried to focus on something else, the voice of the person speaking at the time came drifting back into her head, as if purposely trying to invade her thoughts.

The female TV anchor was speaking again, announcing the rest of the story in her alert and perky voice.

“-Many refer to the initial scandal that started it all - when he was first spotted smoking marijuana with some friends - as the Bieber Breakdown. It was in the subsequent months, when he began partying every night and doing harder drugs, that his extremely large and notoriously loyal fan base began to slowly disintegrate. It seemed to fans that Bieber no longer cared for them as he once had - his new love was booze and dope.”

Allie determinately stuffed several pairs of socks into the depths of her suitcase, feeling her hands shaking the merest bit. She frantically glanced behind her, her eyes roving over the surface of her dresser as she attempted to picture what else she might need.

“-the Bieber Breakdown continued for two years, practically diminishing his entire fan base and any hopes of a future for his once-promising career. It wasn’t until Bieber seemed to come to terms with himself and realize what he was doing that, a mere six months after his nineteenth birthday, he sought professional help and admitted himself into a rehabilitation facility.”