#1 - Invisible

This is me. Oh yeah right, you can't see me!
Let's see... I'm quite an ordinary girl, so it won't take long to describe me. I've got [h/c] [h/l] hair, [e/c] eyes and I'm a [short/tall] girl.
Oh and I'm a regular third year student at Karasuno High. I've got no special talent except volleyball (but not an outclass actually) and... being Kiyoko Shimizu's best friend.

I didn't actually know this was a talent until I realised everyone just showed more interest in me than usual when asking me about 'the Goddess'.
Yeah, they'd always ask me everyday questions about her like "Why is Shimizu-san not at school today?" or "How's the Goddess today?" but also personal questions - "Is she single?" was the most frequent, naturally - that I always refused to answer.
Of course, I received the most of them by guys.
It really looked like she was some kind of superstar and I was her manager, who'd always get interviewed by journalists.

But don't think of me as a girl who just wants to get people's sympathy by telling these things. I'll tell you, I never get offended - as I used to be at first - I simply find this a curious, funny and amusing fact.

There were just a few times this kind of behaviour really hurt me, but I'll be telling you about this later on.

Don't even think of me as a girl with no friends for this reason. As I told you, Kiyoko is my best friend since I had an argument with a really annoying girl who used to be my friend. Her name - just for knowledge's sake - is Kiriya Hitomi. If you don't know her, I'll tell you she's quite a nosy, nasty girl. A bitch who always tries to steal other girls' boyfriends. Kiyoko told me she's always had a thing for her ex boyfriend, Sugawara.

I actually never had a proper boyfriend - just a complicated relation with a peculiar guy who attends another class - no, I won't be telling his name..! - but I get on well with guys, maybe even more than I do with girls.
My best friend is Ryunosuke Tanaka. I always call him 'Ryu' since I stopped calling him 'bro'. He'd call me like that because he thinks I behave like a boy, so I changed the nickname. He always tells me I remind him of a good friend in his Volleyball Club and that he'll introduce us one day I come to practice. But the truth is, I'm not sure I want to go back on the court.

Oh, yeah I forgot you can't see me. I had a serious problem to my ankle and, I have to admit it, I'm a bit scared to join volleyball practice again even though this sport really means the world to me.

Ryu would always insist to have me playing on the court again.
"The answer stays the same" I told him that time while having lunch, before he even tried to speak a single word.
He munched an octopus-shaped wurstel from his bento box - his delicious homemade bento box cooked by the mythical Saeko - and stared at me trying to look innocent.
"Nope, dude! You won't get me. The times you were an innocent child are over" I spoke dramatically with some gestures of my hands.
As he held back some laughs, he nearly choked and this time it was a star-shaped onigiri - I definitely have to ask Saeko how she made them!
"Come on, Bro!" he roughly spoke without caring about my disappointment for the nickname "I tell you this bec-"
"Because you're my best friend and you love me, okay" I ended his phrase trying to fake his voice.
"Shut up, [Name]-chan or I'll end up without speaking a full line in this story!" he exclaimed with his usual scary grin, causing me to laugh out loud.

"Hello".
It was Kiyoko, who then sat next to me with her lunch in her hands.
"Heeeey, Kiyoko-san! Hello! You're beautiful today, as usual!" Ryu said. My best friend paid him no attention but he didn't seem to be upset, he got excited instead and started fanboying.
Meanwhile, Kiyoko was talking to me about the same thing Ryu was trying to persuade me until a minute before.
"Ne... why don't you go to practice today?"
I sighed.
"You know" she went on even though she never spoke very much to people in general "there's a really good libero in the male team... maybe he could help you somehow. He's just come back from two weeks of detention, but he's good"

"Ne, Kiyoko-san... do you know it would make him really excited if I told him you think he's good?" Ryu laughed but as Kiyoko gave him a severe stare, his grin faded "Ok then, I won't be telling him if you don't want me to".

"What do you think, then?" she turned back to me.
"Maybe..." I let out but I actually was thinking about detention. I was punished for a day last week, too, and there was a guy in the same room with me but he didn't tell me his name. I could remember his weird hair, his gleamy eyes and his cute grin.

"Wait, what does 'maybe' mean?! Why the hell are you giving Kiyoko-san's advice a chance while you didn't even listen to mine? And it was the same, too!" Ryu yelled.
"Shut the hell up, Bro!" I hushed him. He grunted.
"I promise I'll be thinking about it, Kiyoko. Thank you" I told her.

Then I bid my bro goodbye and I went back to my class with Kiyoko. All I was thinking about was the guy from the detention class. Was he the same guy they were talking about, the libero of Karasuno male volleyball team?

The only way to find out was to go to the guys practice... but I promised myself I'd be going just to watch, even though my ankle was better now.

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello everyone, long time no see! 😅
I'm back from a little vacation... Actually I'm getting ready for an exam now and it really is boring but I'll give my best 😉
I hope you liked the first chapter! Leave a comment and a vote to let me know~
I promise I'll try to update this story every Friday - it'll be hard, but I promise I'll try to!
See you next week then~
Shiri-Chan96 💖