dark! ZEN (Hyun Ryu) x Reader/OC

Warning: forced actions, dark flags are raising

"Chiyo, do you want some tea? Water?... Do you want me to go get something?"

Zen asked me warmly with an assuring smile as soon as I sitted on the sofa looking quite bewildered from all the events in Rika's apartment. I recalled what just happened.

Unknown came and tried to kidnapped me. I was really scared as Unknown was holding me but I tried my very best to act calmly.

Zen came and saved me before Unknown could take me away.

I could still feel my entire body trembling like I was dropped in the cold abyss, sucking my life out.

"--yo, Chiyo?"

A worried voice is calling my name. I woke up from my thoughts and looked up to meet the eyes of the owner. Zen was standing in front of me with a concerned look.

For a split second, Zen saw the fright in my brown orbs before I averted them from him.

"Oh... I'm sure you're still nervous being on your own."

His hand went to my pale cheek softly caressing it before pulling my face up to meet his gaze.

"Don't worry, you are now safe with me. I'll make sure to protect you. I promise, Chiyo."

Sincere and true were his words but I cannot burden him much longer. He is busy preparing for the press conference and yet I'm just troubling him with my helplessness.

I pulled away from his warm hands and smiled, trying my very best to act strong and well.

"I'm fine, Zen. No need to worry. Thank you for saving me though."

"Chiy--"

"Now, let's focus on tomorrow's event. You have to prepare your speech, right? I also need to check the guests' emails."

Zen kept quiet for a while that I made it as an indication to walk away from him and get some fresh air.

Suddenly, two strong hands pulled me and I came to lean on Zen's warm and well-toned body. He rested his head on top of my shoulder. The gesture makes my heart soft and weak that I felt like letting all my true emotions out. But stubborn I was, I contained them inside.

"You are strong, Chiyo."

He started. I bit my lower lip and hung my head low. I hoped he could see that I am not.

"It's nice you are one so you could always encourage me but right now, please don't try to act like you are."

My eyes widen and I could feel all my emotions trying to burst out.

"Zen, I-I..."

His hold got tighter.

"You are such a nice person, Chiyo. But I won't go anywhere now. I'll protect you."

He turned me around that I came to face him.

"Please know that my biggest fear is you disappearing from my side. Your words and messages always help me stand up."

"Thank you. I'm glad I was able to help. " I replied softly with a smile.

"What I'm trying to say is that my feelings isn't just of gratitude."

"Eh...?" I uttered with a bit of shock.

"My feelings... what I truly mean is..."

Zen hugged me close to his chest. He then said something in my ears.