Birthday (R)

R E E C E  B I B B Y

for: no one

◦◦◦

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to y/n, happy birthday to you!" your boyfriend Reece awakes you with his beautiful voice.

"Oh hi!" you smile, still not quite woken up yet.

"Happy birthday!" He cheers. You laugh at how cute he's being. Rolling over and looking at the time, you groan. "Did you have to wake me up so early?"

"Yes! Here's your present." Reece announces and gives you a little purple gift bag.

You open the bag and pull out the card first. It's a blue card with glitter scattered all over it, an image of a puppy in the corner. It was adorable, apart from that fact that your name is spelt completely wrong on it. You giggle and shoot Reece a questioning glance.

"The guy who made it spelt your name wrong." he shrugs and lets out a nervous laugh. You chuckle at this and a smile appears on his face.

'To y/n ,

Happy 19th birthday!

It's been two years since we first met. Every day with you has been absolutely incredible. You light up every room that you walk into and could put a smile on the grumpiest of faces.

I hope you like the present. It isn't much to open but I hope you'll like it as much as I like you ;)

Love you always babe,
Reece x'

"Awwh Reece!" you beam at the card. His little message was enough to make your eyes teary. You were so in love with this boy; how couldn't you be?

You reach into the bag again and pull out a very flat and empty looking piece of wrapping paper. It's almost as if Reece got you air for your birthday. Not that you would have minded getting nothing, just getting to spend it with your boyfriend was more than enough for you.

Slowly and carefully, you tear the wrapping paper open and peer at your present.

Two plane tickets to Los Angeles.

"Reece!" you scream and attack him with a hug. You'd wanted to go to California since you were small but your family had never been able to afford it.

"Thank you so much!" you shower his face with kisses. You were beyond grateful. His gift was clearly expensive and you knew you were going to remember this for the rest of your life.

"We leave in forty minutes. I've packed your stuff already. Get ready, the taxi will be here soon." Reece says, placing a quick kiss on your cheek.

"Forty minutes? That's all?" you question, receiving a quick nod from your boyfriend.

"We'll eat at the airport. I'll get everything else ready." he grins, watching as you start to rush with getting ready for your travel day.

You rush into the bathroom and take the quickest shower possible, running back into your bedroom in just a towel and start rummaging through your drawers.

After getting changed, doing your hair and applying some makeup, you run downstairs to Reece with your carry-on luggage. It didn't consist of much, only the essentials like headphones and chargers.

You grab your suitcase and wheel it outside to the taxi. The driver smiles at you both as you climb in.

"The airport please." Reece informs him and wraps his arm around you, giving your shoulder a light squeeze.

"I can't wait for this holiday." you smile, leaning onto Reece's shoulder and placing a gentle kiss into the crook of his neck.

"Me neither." he grins, both of you knowing you were in for an amazing trip with the person you loved the most.