o1. Meeting and Greeting the Odds

[ O n e ]

Lucy nervously walked around the courtyard, tip-toeing hesitantly as she waited for the student body. Mavis, or at least, that was the informal way the principle wanted her to address her told her she'd be meeting her here for a tour of the school. This was something new for her, she left her father in the middle of the night, the thought that she might get caught was nerve-wracking and exhilarating at the same time. She loved a little excitement in her life, something that she wasn't allowed. However, turning into a class-A rebel wasn't a priority on her list, so she would have to be careful.

"Hi. You must be Lucy, right?" A voice asked from behind her. Lucy turned to find herself face to face with one of the most breath-taking woman she had ever seen. Luscious red hair adorned her face, and her eyes sparkled with a genuine expression, as if she were happy to meet her.

"Yeah, that's me." She awkwardly introduced.

The other girl laughed, and she was surprised at how pretty she was. She had this unique look that Lucy could never achieve with her Plain Jane looks, brown eyes and blonde hair. It wasn't exactly unheard of.

"My names Erza. Mavis has told me about your situation... How you'd rather be under the radar. Don't worry," she added quickly after seeing Lucy's alarmed face. "Only me, Mavis and the vice-principle Makarov are aware of your situations, and all your teachers of course. It's our number one priority to keep your identity hidden, FTA aims to make everyone safe and comfortable." She stated proudly.

"Well, it's alright," Lucy smiled. Eager to change the subject, she redirected the conversation. "Would you take me to my homeroom?"  Lucy was freezing, her teeth clattered against each other as she battled the gruesome winter wind. It didn't help that her uniform contained a skirt, making her fear hypothermia with her legs.

Erza complied and pointed out her different classrooms on the way. She spoke about the Academy with a certain pride, and was extremely nice to Lucy.

Huh, it must be true. Lucy thought to herself. She had specifically applied to this academy because of all the great things she'd heard about it, they were a cheerful bunch and treated everyone like family, quite close for people being in the same school. It was lovely, and she had a pretty good feeling that she would enjoy herself over here.

"Alright, we're here." Erza stated proudly, gesturing to a door that was her supposed home room. "If you have any questions later on, don't hesitate to ask me alright!"

"Thanks for the offer and everything, really, I appreciate it!" Lucy grinned. Her previous student body wasn't as nice, but then again, rarely anyone was in her old prestigious high school.

She knocked on the door, waiting to be called. "Yes, yes, the new kid. Alright, come in and introduce yourself to the class."

Lucy was surprised to find mouths agape and eyes wide when she walked in, and could feel instant mutterings.

'She looks kind of stuck up.. Don't you think?'

'I don't know... She's kind of cute. I'd go for her, she seems easy.'

'Nah. She doesn't seem worth the bother, to be honest.'

Lucy's cheek burned at the indiscreet voices of her classmates.

"Shut up!" Erza yelled, causing everyone to become quiet. Lucy was surprised at the efficiency, as everyone didn't even bother raising their voice back to her. Erza smiled serenely. "There. Go on, Lucy."

She introduced herself then quietly sat down, the last thing she wanted was to draw more attention to herself.

'I'm not easy!' How did they get that from just assessing my looks?

Lucy couldn't help but get mad, a dark aura beginning to radiate around her. The students of FTA didn't even know me... They didn't even know what I had to go through...

"Can you stop it?" Someone hissed from behind her. A boy with salmon-coloured hair looked annoyed from behind her.

"Stop what," I crossed my arms. Other than Erza, maybe I didn't really like the people over here. Although I would have to make sure I didn't get on her bad side...

"You're distracting the class. Just because you're pissed and feel the need to show it, please realise there are others trying to learn."

"First of all," I shot back, "I'm not even doing anything wrong. Im just trying to sit here and learn with judgemental people. Who gave you guys the right to start judging me as soon as I walked through that door, huh?

"Also, please refrain from telling me I'm distracting you guys when majority of you can't even keep it in your pants." Lucy indicates to the many boys who were sending her looks. She shuddered, disgusted. But what else could she do in a school that forced girls to wear 3-inches short-skirts.

She really disliked this boy with attitude problems, and she had a pretty good feeling it was mutual.

"Alright, Grandma now that you're done, would you just focus? I think I'm losing brain cells the longer I stay here, arguing with you."

"Oh yes," Lucy smiled sarcastically, "Please do go ahead and listen. I wouldn't want to interrupt your class time."

The salmon-coloured boy just glared at her, and she couldn't deny that he was hot as hell. His hair, like many others in this class was quite... Interesting. The ones that really stood out to her was the face of a blue-haired kid at the back of the class, not paying attention and sticking a cigarette in his mouth every time the teacher turned away. What was peculiar about this kid was the dark marks that rang from on top of his right eye to the bottom of his face. Lucy instantly knew this was the 'badboy' of FTA. He had the looks but she was surprises how no girl was actually running after him. They all sent him winks and seductive looks but didn't bother approaching him.

"You should really stop staring at Jellal, unless you want to be murdered. On that thought, please continue." The salmon-haired kid from before smirked, she didn't know what she did that started bothering him, but he was annoying.

"Shut up, bubblegum brain."

He shot her the finger.

Lucy turned in her seat, not fully understanding what the pink haired boy was saying, but didn't bother pondering on it. She now focused on her science teacher, a blonde man who had a lightning shaped cut running down his right eye and eyebrow. The teacher went on and on about how plasma was actually the fourth state, however Lucy had learned that years ago. Secretly, she felt that he just wanted to talk about lightning, as a crazed look deemed his features the more he went on about it.

Lucy closed her eyes. When she had applied for this academy, she didn't think it would be so odd. But it looks like she would just have to cope with it. Who knew, maybe she'd actually like it here?

[ A/N: I can make my day by simply writing a Nalu fic. :D

I hope you guys like it! :)) ]