I Don't Commit

DARK

(Y/N) has been sobbing for hours now. I'm tired of hearing it, frankly. I'd ask what the matter was, but she came to talk to Mark, not me...so I'll keep reading my book...god damn it, or not. She should really reconsider coming to other peoples' houses to cry. It's...impolite. Now I have to know what's going on. Trust me, I really don't care, I just want to make this horrid noise stop. It's bad enough living with someone who makes idiotic videos for the internet all day, I don't need this on top of it. I briskly floated up the stairs and pushed Mark's door open. "What is with all the racket?" I asked, and yes, I was irritated. Mark was sitting on his bed with (y/n), he had his arm around her. He looked irritated with me. "Jesus Dark, do you think you could be a bit more understanding?" "I don't understand." I said, mockingly. Mark pointed to the door. "Get out!" I crossed my arms. "Not until she agrees to stop crying." Mark glared at me. "Leave! (Y/N) is going through something really tough right now and you're making it worse." Well, he was right about that. Shortly after I barged in (y/n) started sobbing even more. I heaved a sigh. "I guess I'll never get some peace around here between you, your friends...your girlfriend and everyone else who is in and out of this joint all the time." I floated off and lit up in the driveway. It wasn't an ideal place to read, but it was better than listening to (y/n)...and I could only smoke outside. The sun was beating down on me and I was sweating bullets in no time. I had no choice but to go back inside. I heard (y/n) crying but it was softer. She came downstairs with Mark. "I'm leaving for awhile, (y/n), I have a date...but we'll be back later on tonight. You can stay here if you want to..." All she did was sniffle and sit on the couch. "Don't mind Dark, he's an asshole." I rolled my eyes. "Don't talk to or about me, dick." I said, sneering at Mark. (Y/N) looked uncomfortable. Mark just shook his head and walked off. Ah, finally...silence. I continued to read and (y/n) twiddled her thumbs or whatever. Fine by me. Within 5 minutes though, she began sobbing again. I had a death grip on my book. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, and loudly enough to catch her attention. "I-I'm sorry." she squeaked out. I set the book down. "What's wrong with you?" I asked sharply. She buried her face in her hands and sobbed. I've never been great at comforting people. I heaved another sigh. "(Y/N), what's wrong? Seriously, why are you crying?" She sniffled a few times. "My stupid boyfriend cheated on me and dumped me for her." How anticlimactic. I was expecting something more...bad. I guess I don't understand commitment. It seems to be exceedingly important to people. It is to Mark. He and his girlfriend are committed...not too serious, but committed nevertheless...a lot of his friends are the same way. "He just stopped caring suddenly and went out with some bitch...and now he's gone. He's been insulting me all day, too." she said, cradling her phone. I lifted my finger and picked the phone right out from between her fingers, then with a quick flick of my wrist, I sent the phone into the wall. "What did you do that for?" (Y/N) asked through her tears. "So he won't bother you anymore." (Y/N) sniffled. "Well you didn't have to break my phone!" she said. I sighed yet again and snapped my fingers, reassembling her phone entirely. I tossed it back to her. "Ignore him." I said, flatly. "I can't...Dark you don't know what it's like to be hurt like this...you can't just ignore hurt." I glared at her. "Try." I said. She sighed, and put her head in her hands.  At that moment I realized that I couldn't read with her being in there. "(Y/N), you're right. I don't really get the concept of being hurt, but it sounds like this dude is rotten...so why waste your time being annoy-, being depressed about this whole thing? Why not go find a new boyfriend?" "It's not that simple. I wanted to be with Mark,but...he's with someone, so we're just going to be friends like usual...everyone has someone but me." I rolled my eyes. "I'm single. Always am, I don't do comittment. It doesn't work for me. Mark dates, he very well may marry someday...have kids...that's not for me. I couldn't have kids even if I wanted to, but regardless...you get what I'm saying." "You can't have kids?" "Nope. Demons don't have kids..." "You're a demon!?" It hit me then that (y/n) and I had never talked before. She had never been up close and personal with me before. "That whole thing with the phone a minute ago struck you as being normal?" She thought about it. "No...I guess I just wasn't really paying attention...you threw it...you handed it back, that's all I really remember." "I threw it without touching it, and it smashed...and I managed to make it brand new again. I levitate shit. I do a lot of shit." "Does any of that shit involve fixing broken hearts?" "No." (Y/N) sighed. "Can I have a hug?" I am not a real big fan of hugs, but given the circumstances, I decided to give her a squeeze. "Come over here." I said, putting my book down. She sat next to me and leaned on me. I wrapped my arms around her and she shivered. "You're cold." she said, her voice muffled in my shirt. "Always." I said. "Why?" "Demon blood." "Oh." We were silent. I looked at (y/n) in a different way then. She was a fragile being, clinging to me for security. In that moment I was all she had. I caught myself rubbing the top of her head. She looked up at me. Her face was purely innocent. "How do I learn to not commit?" she asked. I thought. "I dunno. I guess just...don't?" She rested her head on my chest and kept looking at me. "I should try it for now. I'm tired of dealing with dudes who don't care." "Sounds like a plan." She just kept looking at me with those innocent eyes. I picked up her wrist, it looked so small in my hand. She extended an index finger towards my nose. I just bent her wrist and kissed the top of her hand. "I suppose I could...you know, teach you how to not commit." She raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" "Yeah...I mean, I don't commit, you don't want to do that right now, so...I'll show you what that's all about." I released her and pulled my shirt off over my head. I pulled my pants off and looked at her. She was speechless. "You in or out?" I asked. "In." she said, unbuttoning her jeans. No panties-I've always found it attractive when women go commando. She pulled her sweatshirt off. No bra either. She must've been in a hurry to get over here. I admired her naked body. I slipped myself out of my drawers and helped her climb on top of me. "First step is to make some good friends with benefits...best way to do that is to not really know the person...that makes getting attached pretty much impossible...then there's fucking them...whenever, you know. We're past step one, it's time for step two. Best part of this? You know I will always be single...so come and see me as often as you want." I lowered her onto my hips. She let out a breathy moan into my ear. "Come on, (y/n), fuck me. Right here on the couch. Don't look around, nobody's out there." I said, turning her face towards me. She started riding me and god it was amazing. I don't cum easy or fast (unless of course someone teases me enough) but she was different.It was almost embarrassingly short. Regardless, I kept her satisfied. She came hard. We just sat there for a moment, looking at each other. "It's a lot of fun not commiting...life is short...have some fun. Your ex is a dick. So come over and suck mine." She giggled. "I mean...I guess it could be okay?" "Of course...just come around when you want to. I won't disappoint." "Well it's nice to meet a man who isn't going to disappoint me." I smirked at her. "I don't know how to disappoint people. Now we should probably start cleaning up this mess...before Mark gets here and starts...you know, bitching."