seventeen

I arrived at Jacks house and knocked on the door.

It took a few minutes but finally the door opened and there stood Jack.

He groans and rolls his eyes, about to shut the door.

"Jack wait" I say holding the door before it gets slammed in my face.

"Can we please just talk for once? You know, instead of screaming at each other?" I say.

He rolls his eyes and sighs, stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

"What?" He scoffs.

"You have every right to be mad at me, but please just hear me out okay? Look I am more thankful each and every day for what you did. If you didn't risk your life like that, I-I would be 6 feet underground right now. Jack what I did was stupid, and I understand I should've visited you or done something, but please know that I was depressed. I wasn't okay mentally or physically. I was lost and confused. Things just didn't make sense to me at the time and I've gotten better, you could even say i'm back to being the same girl I was when I first moved here. Jack I'm sick of us just fighting. I said it once and i'll say it again, I'm so, so incredibly sorry." I say, taking a breath of relief.

He stares at me for a few seconds. He bites his lip, which then forms into a smirk. He lightly shoves my shoulder and smiles.

"I'm sorry too, I was playing victim and I guess I never thought about how you were, I mean you were struggling and that's what lead to this so, i'm sorry" He says with his hands in his pockets, lightly rocking back and forth.

"Friends?" I say sticking my hand out for him to shake.

He laughs and shakes his head, grabbing my hand and pulling me in for a hug.

"Friends."

=

I got home and went straight up to my room, throwing myself onto my bed and grabbing out my phone.

I dialed Cameron's number and he instantly answered.

C: Hey babe, how'd it go?

L: Amazing actually.

C: Amazing as in...?

L: We're friends and we're on good terms

C: Hell yeah, I knew he would come through

L: Yup

C: Well that's incredible babe, but I really gotta finish this math homework or i'm dead

L: Go be a good student, I'll see you tomorrow ok?

C: Always, I love you goodbyeee

L: I love you too Cameron

I ended the call and plugged my phone in.

I think my life is starting to get better.