Chapter 2: "Family time.."

**IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ**

I updated! And i am sososososososooooooo sorry its so late!! a lot of things are going on right now that are really stressing me out. You all know this from the previous A/N i posted before now. All of this happened so suddenly that i have no idea how to handle it all. Sorry if this is crappy. I tried. And guys, im serious. I will not update again until i get a good amount of comments about this chapter. All im asking for is about 5-10. Thats it. Please. Dont be so silent. Im begging you. I have like 500 readers so far, but only 17 comments and about 5 or more of those are my replies to people who ARE giving  me feedback. And to those people, thank you. I REALLY appreciate it. So, comment comment comment. I like them. My speech is now over, go read!! ENJOY! 

Jaiaxo - All Rights Reserved ©

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After embarrassing herself in front of everyone with the whole "dirty comforter" lie, Melanie decided to take an oath of silence for the rest of breakfast. She would hurry and finish her breakfast and leave if it any other day but Saturday, unfortunately for her, she couldn't. Every Saturday morning, breakfast was "family time", or so Salem, who Mel secretly called "the stepwitch" said.

'What does Dad see in her?' she thought. 'She's nothing like Mom is..... was.'

Thoughts of her mother clouded her mind. Would she be angry at Dad if she knew he remarried so soon? That this intruder was trying to take over her house and family that she'd worked so hard to build?

'Yes! She would be just as flaming mad as i am with this.' she thought with self-absorbed confidence.'Mom wouldn't want this bitch in her house.'

Everyone was now seated at the table to start eating breakfast, though Melanie was already half way done. You couldn't even cut the tension in the air with a chainsaw. The bulk of it was coming from Mel as she shot daggers at Salem with her eyes.

'If looks could kill, I'd already be her murderer..' she thought.

She knew her hatred was a bit excessive, but she felt it was worth it to make Salem's life hell. 'Maybe she'll leave when she gets too fed up. That will be the day i futterwacken vigorously..' she laughed to herself.

"So, how was everyone's week?" John said breaking the silence.

Gabriel replied first.

"Awesome!" Gabriel said. "Coach has finally let my play again! The asshole has-"

"Gabriel Ceasar! Your language!" Salem exclaimed angrily.

Salem had a thing with cursing, and also that irritating habit to call you by your first an middle name when scolding you. Bothersome..

Gabriel rolled his eyes and apologized quietly. John chuckled at the situation, but it suddenly turned to a loud "cough" when he caught Salem's death glare.

"But uh.. Yeah. He finally let me play again. He cant really exclude the quarterback for too long now can he? Hah! Noooo. I'm too good. Way too good to be benched for any period of time anyway." Gabriel said.

"Conceited much?" Mel asked rhetorically before she could bite her tongue. "You're so self absorbed! No wonder the football coach doesn't like you! Neither does any of the teachers! You deserve everything you got you Spotlight. Craving. Dick!"

Realizing she was standing, pointing fingers, and snapping out of control, she turned to her father's still stunned expression. Her eyes flickered back down to her mostly empty plate while deciding she wasn't hungry anymore.