12.

"LIAM, WAIT!" I CALLED out desperately

"LIAM, WAIT!" I CALLED out desperately. "Where are you going?"

After Liam had detected danger in the club for the umpteenth time, he had taken off without warning yet again. Sighing impatiently, I took off through the club, desperate not to lose him in the sea of people.

I spent a solid minute chasing Liam through the club, dodging what seemed like an infinite amount of dancing people. Eventually, I chased the werewolf down to a more quiet area of the building, where there was a large curtain leading to a back room.

"Liam," I called out. He turned to face me, fear clearly written across his face. "Wait, there might be something back there–"

Before I could finish, Liam turned away and sprinted into the back room without a word. Staring at the curtain that was still swinging from where Liam had pushed it aside to enter the room, I threw my hands up in the air in frustration.

"Liam!" I yelled. "Come ba–"

I was interrupted by a sudden loud growl coming from the back room, followed by an aggressive snarl. What the hell? Clenching my jaw, I pulled my pistol out of my waistband and cocked it, holding it out in front of me as I hesitantly pulled back the curtain and jogged into the back room.

By the time I had arrived to the scene, chaos had already ensued – Liam was tackling a boy who looked around our age, except "boy" wasn't exactly the right word. He appeared human, except for what looked like numerous shark fins across his arms. Brett was there, as well, but he was sitting on the ground off to the side. He looked wounded, but at least he was alive. Mason was next to Brett, thankfully looking unharmed.

I registered all of that in about a second, another growl from the strange new boy snapping me out of my thoughts. I tightly gripped my gun in my hand, aiming at the boy that was now on top of Liam and firing at him. The bullet appeared to hit his shoulder, and the creature let out a cry of pain upon the impact. His glowing eyes immediately found mine, letting out a loud hiss as he leapt off of Liam and began to charge towards me.

I let out a yelp, preparing to fire again, but Liam roared and tackled the boy to the ground before he could get any closer to me.

Backing up against a wall, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed two more figures enter the scene. Instinctively, I held my gun out in front of me and aimed it at the new people, but lowered it when I realized it was just Scott and Kira.

"You're a little late!" Liam shouted as he continued to fight with the strange creature.

Firing another shot at the boy, I watched as Scott immediately jumped into the action. He let out a roar, his eyes flashing bright red as he leapt up into the air and grabbed onto a nearby bar, swinging on it and using his body's momentum to kick the creature off of his Beta.