Chapter 1: "Slut of a stepbrother.."

gotta get this story on the roll! :-)  Nevermind any grammatical or spelling mistakes. Its not edited that much. I made sure there arent any big mistakes though, so it wouldnt get irritating.. 

Jaiaxo - All Rights Reserved © 

***********************************

Melanie woke in a cold sweat. Tangled in her sheets, her pj shorts and tank clung to her skin uncomfortably. Her skin was all clammy and her pajamas were soaked through.

She couldn't stand life anymore. Just getting out of bed was a never-ending struggle. Every day without her mother was like being tortured with a hatchet to her heart. Sure the smiles and the perky attitude seemed genuine, but no. Most of the time, they never were. 

A brain tumor. Maddy, Melanie's mother, was seemingly fine and healthy, or so they all thought. There were the sleeping-in-later-than-usuals, the headaches, the dizzy spells... people worried. Of course Maddy brushed if off as nothing, but in the end, it turned out to be everything but nothing.

Everyone guessed that she had been hiding symptoms for a long while. Where do you think Melanie got her acting skills from? Like mother, like daughter. Never showing any weakness, any pain, any hurt, but anger? Most definitely. Maddy and Melanie alike, had tempers like wildfire.

As she threw the duvet and sheet back, she smelled breakfast being cooked. Her stepmother happened to be a good cook. Yes. You heard right. Stepmother. Eight miserable months after her moms burial, her father remarried to a wealthy business woman.

The marriage wasn't because of money, of course not. With a successful lawyer for a father and the nurse her mother had been, they had plenty of money. No, this was because he "loved" her. How did one find love so soon after their wife of 20 years dies? Melanie asked herself the same question every day. Her anger at her father could barely be contained sometimes.

Mel walked into her personal bathroom to clean up. She showered, dried her long, brown, curly hair, and dressed for the day.

Making her way down the grand staircase, she overheard Salem, her stepmother, talking to her father. They spoke in hushed tones as if what they were saying was a secret.

"John... I just don't know what to do anymore." she half whispered, exasperated.

"I've tried everything. Melanie hates me. She hates that I'm here, she hates that we're married... I can't replace her mother, not that I'm even trying to in the first place. I think this was too soon. We should've waited like we planned."

Melanie had been being a bitch to Salem in more ways than one. She rudely declined lunch dates with her time and time again. She's walked away from the dinner table, just from her telling her she needed to watch her mouth. She never even acknowledged her presence in a room. Melanie almost felt a bit guilty for causing her such stress with her behavior over the last months. Almost..

"She's just not used to this honey. Give her some time. She took the her mother's death better than i thought she would." her dad replied softly.

In fact, she had not taken her mother's death at all well. She just held all of that pain inside and cried in her pillow at night in stead of on someone's shoulder.

'Mom wouldn't have wanted me to be crying and blubbering over her for months to others...' she thought to herself. 'and why the hell weren't i included in these plans to hold off that horrid wedding? Oh yeah. Right. Because I didnt know Salem even existed until a month before.' She rolled her eyes to herself.

Melanie then decided to stop eavesdropping and sate her growling stomach. Walking into the kitchen, she saw that her father had Salem trapped between the marble counter and his body. His arms blocked her ways out and his hands rested on the edge or the marble on either side of her waist. He was slowly leaning in for what looked like a kiss. She almost puked at the sight.