Chapter One

CASSANDRA'S POV:

My heart was beating abnormally fast. I could hear the screech of rubber tyres behind me. Quickly, I ran into an alleyway, trying to be invisible in the darkness. I was wearing black and it was night time, so I had a chance to disappear.

I ducked down behind a dumpster, making sure to stay in the shadows. I held my breath as I heard heavy footsteps run past my hiding place. I clutched my heart, and waited for all the noises to be gone.

I was too scared to make a run for it, just in case they caught me. This wasn't the only close call I've had. The last close call resulted in my parents death, which was 3 years ago. Recently I had escaped the foster home in which I was taken to.

It didn't stop me from being chased. I was always being chased. Hunted in fact. My parents always said I was special. I just didn't know I was this special.

ETHAN'S POV:

"Yo Ethan, can you go to the shops to get me some pistachio ice cream?" Grayson nudged me. We were both sat on the sofa, playing video games.

"Dude are you kidding me right now? Why can't you go?" I pushed his leg.

"I don't like driving at night." Grayson shrugged as he pleadingly looked at me.

"Ugh fine. You owe me though." I rolled my eyes and went to grab my car keys.

I walked out into the pitch black night, the only light was the moon that was illuminating the puddles of water on the ground. I hopped into my car and quickly drove to the store, not wanting to be out in the middle of the night for long.

I parked my car over the road from the store, once I got out and shut the door, I turned around and felt someone smash into my chest.

I stumbled backwards from the force and dropped my car keys, the person who had ran into me, jumped backwards in shock. They had their hood up and were dressed in all black. Even their backpack was black.

"Woah." I said in shock.

"Sorry, I'm in a rush." The person spoke, it sounded like a girl. Or a guy who hasn't hit puberty yet.

The person reached to the ground and picked up my car keys, they handed them back to me and lifted their face slightly to look at me. Since it was dark I couldn't make out their features, all I could see was their pink lips.

Suddenly there were multiple footsteps from around the corner along with shouting.

"I think she went this way!" A deep voice of a man said. Were they looking for her? So she definitely was a girl. She started to look around frantically.

"Please don't tell them where I am! Please!" She begged me. I was speechless. What was going on?

When I didn't answer she sighed and closed her eyes while screwing up her face desperately. She quickly darted to hide behind the other side of my car.

Three men dressed in all black also, ran around the corner of the street towards me, one of them attempting to hide rope behind his back. What the fuck? Rope?

"Kid, have you seen a girl dressed in black? Did she come past here?" The man 'hiding' the rope asked me. I gulped. I didn't know this girl or what she had done but I wasn't going to let three men tie her up.

"No, no one has walked past. I just parked here." I shrugged, quite convincingly.

He nodded and then they all looked around the street. Without saying anything they fast walked past me and turned a corner. The girl stood up and I could see the top of her hood over the top of the car. She walked around the front to meet me.