Chapter 1 ~ A Boy?!

You span your pencil around with your fingers out of boredom.
Why won't this damn class start already? What's taking the teacher so long?

"Students!" The teacher proclaimed rather loudly, making you jump and drop your pencil.
She glared at you before carrying on,
"We have a new transfer student with us this fine morning!"

Great.
Whoopedy-freaking-do.

You hated transfer students. They were usually snobby sorority girls that came in looking like someone dragged them through Sephora one too many times. And of course, being the emo kid in the class, you were the prime target for their lame insults. If it wasn't for the immense amount of pressure put on you to do well at school, you would've slapped them all straight in the face by now.

Probably would've taken their eyebrows with me....
You thought as you sniggered at your own remark.

"Ah! Miss {F/N} {L/N}, would you be so kind as to tell us what you find so funny?" The teacher said, fixing her glasses.
Oh god....

"I just found it funny how many transfer students we've had this year, miss!" You chirped, grinning like a teacher's pet.
Gotta keep that good girl act up.... Hmph...

"Right...." She said, somewhat confused, "So, welcome to our class.... Mr Zane Ro'Meave!"

You stopped dead for a second.....
A.... Boy? Like an actual Boy.... A Boy?!

It wasn't like you had the best past with boys either. They called you a measly weakling day in and day out, even though you could probably knock all of 'em flat. And of course, the same old joke reappeared every time you decided to stroll past the football pitch;
"Oi vampire girl, why ya wearin so much black eh?" They cooed.
Your usual response usually did it justice;
"Because I'm already dressed for your funeral" You say calmly as you meander past.

In fact, the only boy who ever seemed to tolerate you was your best friend, Holly's, crush, Vylad Ro'Meave. You thought for a minute.
Damn! I should've known! They have the same last name! Zane must be related to him! You thought to yourself, Well... He might be similar to Vylad... I guess I might make another friend.

Boy were you wrong.

After what seemed like hours of the teacher going on about how you have to 'treat him with respect because he is new, blah, blah, blah' ,He went to sit down. The only empty desk was right next to yours, so he took that one. You took a moment to glance up from {whatever you were doing} to take a look at him...

HOLY LORD ABOVE

Just like you, he was an emo.

You stared at him for ages, ignoring everything happening in the front of the classroom.

He is just like me
You thought to yourself
Imagine how good of friends we could be! We could stay round each others houses, hang out together, listen to {favourite band} together, eat {favourite food} together, we could-

"Can I help you?" A deep voice spat.

Damn. You thought; He noticed I was staring.....

The entire class, including the teacher, averted their eyes in your direction, and just like a light switch, your sense of speech vanished.

"Uhh.... I.... Umm... I just... Well" You quivered, barely able to get any words out from your embarrassment.

Silence.

To your relief, your peers slowly continued with whatever they were doing with a bit of a commotion, helping you narrowly avoid a sticky situation.

"Thank god" You whispered to yourself.

Suddenly, a piece of paper came flying into your desk. You opened it and began to read;

Dear {Y/N}
So, you got your eyes on the new guy then? ;)
From Holly

You could feel yourself almost throwing up
Love? Ew, someone get me a sick bag
Frantically scribbling, you wrote;

Pfft.... No. You really think I would fall in love with THAT?! No chance. If anything, We're just friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author~chan Notes:
Thank you so much for reading the first part!!! The second part is well on its way and should be up around next weekend/ early next week :)

The role of the best friend, Holly, is actually dedicated to my real life best friend, IllusionOrReality on wattpad {Go show her some love and read her works!}

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it, and if you have any feedback {positive or negative, I'm open} please leave a comment about it, it will help me improve for part two!

Here is your free cookie for reading!
*hands cookie*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
768 Words :3