Chapter Two (Edited Version)

Chapter Two

I've been having the same dream for a week. I wish it could be true, but I believe Cinderella when she says "Dreams always come true". Today is Monday, usually i hate Mondays but i have a feeling that today will be great. Even mom didn't come to wake me up today, i managed to wake up by myself and I'm feeling very good. It is still six in the morning but I need to get ready, Jane will be here in an hour. 

I hop into a warm and scented bath. Lavender and mint fill the room, creating a very positive atmosphere. After relaxing for fifteen minutes, I let the water flow and rinse myself. I decide to pair my light blue skinny jeans with an off- white floral, sleeveless shirt. I also decide to go for my infinity bracelet I bought from 'Reserve Naturel' and a simple heart necklace which mom gave me for my birthday. To complete my fancy, yet simple look, i put on my platinum star earing and a pair off-white flats.

                                                       +++

Forty- five minutes later, I'm ready. I do not wear make- up because I think that it does not suit me, and being simple makes me happy and comfortable. I do not care about the absence of make- up from my face because I have often been complimented about my 'good' skin. I think the credit goes entirely to my mother and the fresh fruits she gave me the habit of eating since I was very little. I throw a last glance at the mirror and when I feel satisfied with my look, I keep my books and paper in my back pack, as well as my ear pod and IPhone before proceeding downstairs.

Mom is preparing breakfast in the kitchen. I can smell the amazing scent of pancakes and syrup. I put my bag on the table and I tiptoe to the kitchen. I walk behind my mother and scream, "Good morning Mom." 

My mother instantly turns around and I find a shocked mom looking at me. "My god, Emma, you scared me!" She exclaims. I feel satisfied that my plan did succeed but I also feel sorry for her. She then smiles at me and tell me, "I'm very happy to see you in such a good mood on an early morning. You even managed to wake up by yourself! My daughter is growing up!" I’m quite shocked as well that I did wake up on my own and I'm even feeling great about it and on a Monday! I guess I'm changing but it also seems quite weird knowing me. "Well I don't know how I did it, but here I am, awake and more than ever ready for school." I answer feeling as excited as an eight-year old, going to Disney Land. 

"Just bring a plate then, honey, I'll serve you." Mom offered.

I pick two plates from the cupboard and gave it to mom so that she could serve us. In the meantime, I take a tall glass and fill it with my favourite 'Ceres' grape juice.  When I see that mom has already served the pancakes and syrup, I pick my juice and my plate and goes to sit in the dining room. Few minutes later, mom joins me in the dining room with her own plate and her cup of tea and we silently have breakfast.

When we are done eating, I help her clean up the room dining room and the kitchen. Then we chat for a while and plans on a shopping trip to the mall since it had been a long time. We decide to go on Friday evening since I will be busy during school days. We continue talking about school activities for some more.

Few minutes later, there is a knock at the door. I open the door to find Jane smiling. I quickly take my bag and kiss my mom good bye. I make my way outside and close the door behind me.  

"Hi Jane," I said hugging her

"Hello Emma! How are you?" 

"I'm great, and you?"

"I'm feeling great as well. I have so much to tell you!" She screamed excitedly.

Walking to school from my house takes only fifteen minutes. While walking, Jane summarised everything that happened at the party. Tyler flirting with her, Tyler dancing with her, Tyler ordering her drink, Tyler asking her out, Tyler kissing her... Basically, everything she was telling me was related to Tyler. Since we started high school, Jane and Tyler have been having feelings for each other. They just did not want to admit it. It was high time one or the other make the first step. "I'm so happy for you Jane," I said hugging my best friend. Even though I was quite bored with their love story, I was really happy with both of them. I just was not into the love stories.

By the time, we reached school, it was already eight o'clock and we had to hurry to the changing room and get ready for our first class, Physical Education. 

Along with the rest of our class, we made our may to the training ground, where we usually run laps, the part I hate most of all. There were no boys in our school considering we go to an all- girl's school and the only male around would be part of the staff.

"Good morning class.  As usual, we're going to start with running laps. You are going to run for ten minutes and I will take note of your improvement. Now everybody proceed to the track!" Mr Seeter, our Physical Education teacher and coach announced.

I followed the rest of the students to the tracks. On Mr Seeter's words, we started running and he constantly took note of our performance while checking his watch. I hate to run, I'm horrible at it. In a minute I always start to feel tired. However, today was very different. Instead of feeling tired, i was very energetic. I felt the wind blowing my hair out of my face as I kept running. I never felt so good at running. I ran quickly and I could feel myself gaining speed. 

It was not until Mr Seeter told us to stop that I realised I was ahead of everybody. Even Jenna who was the fastest runner in class was behind me, but not by much! I caught my breath and started walking towards Jane, when Mr Seeter came to me.

""Hello Miss McKessie. I noticed that you have been made a huge improvement and you even seem to be the best of your class. Have you been practicing lately?

"Not much but I have been exercising lately,” I answered.

"That's very good. Keep it up!" He said before going to talk to some other students. I went to meet Jane in the changing room and on my way I encountered several more students praising me about the way I ran. I felt quite weird with the attention I was getting and I did not really liked it though it was nice of them. I always remembered that attention can lead to trouble so I preferred to stay away but I really could not understand what was wrong today.

When I finally found Jane, I went to change as well. When I finished changing, I found Jane waiting for me, sitting on the bench, texting who i guess was Tyler after noticing the loving smile she was showing her phone.

"Jane, are you ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yeah, let's go!" She said, putting her phone back into her bag.

"I'm so tired," I said when I started feeling the pain in my legs.

"About that, you were amazing out there!" She said getting excited again.

"LOL Thanks! But I should not have pushed myself so far because my legs feel like jelly right now and it's hurting" I added, regretting my enthusiasm to run.

After P.E class, we had English class, but fortunately the teacher was absent. We were currently walking along the corridor, making our way to the cafeteria. Suddenly everything became dark, I could not see anything. My whole body was aching, but mostly my back and my head felt like it was being crushed by an overloaded lorry. It was then that I hit something hard and cold!