A legend with no logical explanation. (ANOTHER Harry Potter FF)

I was reading fantastic beast and where to find them when this popped into my head. I like the story because nobody else has written it, so it might get a little bit interesting. A few days ago I where on a trip to Florida Orlando and we visited Universal Studios, The Wizarding world of Harry Potter. I must say it was the greatest park I’ve ever visited.

**********************************************

It was cold outside; it was the end of the summer at nightfall. The eleven year old Eliza James had just ran away and where miles from home. You see she had received a letter, a letter from a particular school called Hogwarts. Her parents, muggles of course and Eliza had lived together in a small village nearby the woods. The people there were highly religious and very much old fashioned. They believed that witches were vicious creatures and that the person had been possessed by the devil himself. Strange things had happened to Eliza, things that were difficult to explain. When her mother cut her hair it grew out at once. Her mother tried again and again, more and more desperate. Every time she took more length. But it always grew out during the night, staying the exact same length. After a while her mother stopped cutting it. When Eliza slept she could float in the air or talk a strange language in her sleep. Her parents were worried, but kept it for themselves for many years. But when the letter arrived it was stated. When she looked at their faces she knew, both of them was completely white. Staring at her with deathly looks. Waiting for night to come so they could take care of the problem. “Good night Eliza.” Was her mother’s words when she closed her bedroom door. She heard her parents whisper to each other through a crack in the door. “We must get rid of her, it isn’t our child. It’s a demon.” Eliza backed further away from the door, she looked out of her small window while a silent tear ran down her face. In a hurry she got dressed and packed the most necessary things in a leather bag. She took with her an extra pair of shoes and some clothe. She also packed down the bread she had spared from supper. One look at her bedroom drawer, where the bow and arrows lay made up her mind. Her father had given it to her when she had turned ten, the year before and learned her to hunt. It would come to use in times like this. Before she sneak out the window and headed for the woods she grabbed the blanked who laid on her bed, the forest could be cold at night. Eliza ran and ran; every bit of energy she had left was spent in getting away from the village and saving her own life.

The woods was scary for an eleven year old and at a time she even considered to go back. But deep inside she knew better. She found a hollow tree and decided to spend the night there. Shielded from the bigger animals. She took out her blanket and tucked it around her, then she ate the slice of bread before falling into sleep. Thinking of how much better the world would have been if she were normal, like everybody else.

*******

After days of wandering further inside the woods she finally came to a small lake. Tired she sank down to the ground and drank straight from the lake. Her feet had gotten soar and she took off her shoes and slipped her bare feet into the cooling water. Eliza laid down on the grass letting the sun warm her. Her back arched and her stomach growled from hunger. She had found a few berries and some mushroom. She even had been close to kill a squirrel, but they were too fast for her. If she was lucky she might be able to catch a fish and have a proper dinner. That is if she managed to create a fire. Eliza closed her eyes and let herself doze off, it was in the middle of the afternoon and she let herself have a small break. A crack from behind made her jump and almost fall into the water. A dragon probably three times her size stood there in front of her. Their eyes met for a split second before Eliza crumbled together. Her heart beating so fast she thought it might fall out, while she had difficulty to bread. She closed her eyes shut and waited for death to come, she heard a low gnarling sound come from its throat and Eliza’s body trembled slightly. The dragon came closer, she could feel the warmth from its breath just above her head. It tickled in her ear. She had never been this scared in her life. She had heard about them, the dragons. It was just village stories, but they weren’t pleasant. She heard the dragon move away from her, but she still didn’t open her eyes. The sound of it drinking water in large gulps a few meter away met her. Eliza laid there on the ground with her knees up to her chest and her hands in front of her eyes. Terrified for her life. The time went slowly by, seconds felt like minutes. After a while, when the dragon had stopped drinking she allowed herself to peek. Its claws were long and sharp and it had iridescent, pearly scales and glittering, multi-coloured eyes. She realized after a while that the dragon was only a child. Its head rested on its arms and it breathed heavily. It looked like it had lost its mother and that it was a long way from home. Still being afraid, but curious Eliza moved closer. The dragon watched her in silence, not moving away. She hesitated for a bit and bit her lip, her hand outstretched towards its pearly scales. Closing her eyes and holding her breath she let her hand touch its back. The shells were hard, but smooth and warmth came from its body. She looked up into its eyes, there was something there. It made her feel protected. She wasn’t afraid anymore. Careful on not making any sudden movements the dragon came closer and rested its heavy head in Eliza’s lap. From that day forward they had always sticked together.