(42) The Car Ride

HI YO CRAZEEPS!

Yes, I decided to call you CRAZEEPS! You don't like it? Then you better suggest one then 😅

Thank you for all the things you guys have done, such as voting, commenting, reading, sharing, and EVERYTHING!

This is quite short, but I think you'd love me 😊

Enjoy 😊

~-~

I remained silent as Charlie bid my parents goodbye.

"Vanchel, goodbye honey!" Mom shrilled out, making me wave back before entering Charlie's black Lexus.

Once he shut the door closed and turned on the engine, I decided to open up a conversation. "Well, that was fun!"

He simply nodded, "Mm-hmm."

I licked my upper lip and watch as the house I once called my home faded away from the distance, "The siomai was really delicious, right?"

"Mm-hmm."

I fisted my hands, quite annoyed with his mm-hmm's. I asked, "Is everything alright?"

He simply shrugged. So I sighed out, "What's wrong?"

Charlie muttered his answer, "Everything was meant to be perfect, but apparently, it wasn't perfect for you."

I didn't need to ask what he meant, since... I know exactly what he meant.

"Charlie..." I bit my lip, "Are you mad?"

He snorted at me, "No. I'm absolutely positively and affirmatively happy."

"... Are you being sarcastic?"

He groaned while facepalming.

I silently closed my eyes and breathed out, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be..." He mumbled, "It's not your fault if you don't believe me that I really do love you."

I clenched my teeth, "Stop lying."

When I said stop lying, what I really meant was for him to stop lying. -Not to stop the fudging car.

"Charlie!" I gasped out, clinging to his arm tightly.

"Why do you keep on denying the fact that I love you?!"

"I'm not denying anything-"

"SHUT UP!"

And I did. This is actually the first time Charlie had ordered me to 'shut up'.

Charlie faced me and sighed out, "All these years, I thought Hannah was the one for me, I thought that she was perfect. Even after the time I saw her with Robbie, I thought that she was still everything."

He doesn't really have to rub that in my face. I felt tears brimming in my eyes, "I know-"

"Shut it."

And I did.

He continued, "I... I've loved you too Vanch, I've loved you like a sister."

I know.

"But... that was what I thought." He chuckled non-humorously, "I thought making sure that no boys will ever come near you was a part of the brotherly love. I thought making sure that you'd always be by my side was brotherly love. I thought... I thought that you will always just be my sister... And I was wrong."

He scooted closer while I remained quiet. I bit my lip, hard, to stop myself from talking back.

"Then I saw you with Dean at the Ice Cream shop, there, I realized... that you're mine. You're mine. You were always mine since we were kids." He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, "I've realized that I always loved you too."

My eyes were so wide that my eyeballs could fall out from its' sockets.

"I love you Vanchel Amarati." He leaned closer, "I always had and I always will be."

Maybe he really wasn't lying... maybe I wasn't really a rebound... maybe he was being honest from the very start...

Maybe, just maybe, maybe Charlie Langston really does love me.

And with the look, he was giving me, the way his eyes shout what its' feeling- I know that he truly loves me.

He was so close that our noses is literally touching. He smiled his shy million-dollar smile, "I was just a little late to realize that." And our lips met.

(A/N: Go on! 😍😍)

Closing my eyes, I felt my lips grinning like a lovesick fool, yes, even while kissing my best friend, Charlie Langston.

After a few hours, where in reality, was probably just a few seconds, Charlie grinned while mumbling in my lips, "I love you Vanch."

I simply smirked and kissed him back.

He stopped the kiss by pulling away and with his eyebrows scrunched. "You have nothing to say?"

"Nope." I grinned, wrapping an arm around his neck, and pulled him closer, kissing him again.

He pulled away again, "Look Vanch, I'm not going to be fine with the friends with benefits thing, no."

I raised an eyebrow and shrugged, "Me too."

He looked down, "Then what are we...?"

I chuckled, "Aren't we in a relationship?"

His eyes widened but curiosity is still written on his face. "But you don't love me..."

I pulled him back and kissed him, "I love you too, Charlie."

Relief washed over his features and this time, he was the one to kiss me. "I love you more."