The awkward and suddenly silent atmosphere was cut off when his phone rang. "Hello?" He stood up suspiciously, as Sooyoung lifted her eyes to follow his figure walking away from their table. As if he has something to hide.

"What is it, Hyunsik?" He asked. "Take Sooyoung home. Remember the guys we've encountered before we got detention?" His eyebrows furrowed, "Bullshit. What do they want, this time?",
"He wanted you to apologize and he even told me that you're the reason why he and his girlfriend broke up.", "Well, I won't!" He suddenly yelled catching everyone's attention inside the restaurant. Seulgi suddenly went out of the kitchen as she worriedly looked over Sungjae. After it, Sungjae darted his eyes to Sooyoung who was suspiciously looking at him. "I'll talk to you later." He suddenly spoke hanging up.

"It's Hyunsik." Sungjae spoke as he sat down back. "What's with the unethical yell?" Sooyoung asked crossing her arms, formally. He shook his head, "He was just getting on my nerves. It's not a big deal." He reassured her as she nodded. She doesn't seem convinced, though.
"Here's your order." Seulgi spoke as she placed down the plates, looking suspicious as well while looking at Sungjae. He let out a sigh as he shook his head, "Thanks."

The whole dinner time was rather awkward for the both of them. It almost took them thirty minutes just to finish the whole meal. Since, both of them are feeling out eachother's presence. Like, something was wrong. He beamed a smile on hers. She almost smiled back, until he took a hold of her hand. "I'll take you home, later." She tilted her head, "Really? You're scaring the crap out of me, Sungjae." She replied, amazed at his sudden gentleness.
He rolled his eyes. "Just listen to me."

She knew there was another danger coming on his way, and she just played along. "Okay. What time is it?", Sungjae chew on his food as he looked at his watch, "It's almost 9:00 PM. Should I take you home?" Sooyoung slowly nodded as he placed the spoon and fork at the plate's side.

She felt nervous through their way home. The way he clench his jaw as he drived, while not saying a single word to her.
She couldn't think of anything. But, she feels that she somehow needed to avoid him from getting away from her eyes. She knew he would cause trouble, again.

She sighed as he heard him pull off. Signing her that they were infront on her house.

Sungjae slammed the door of his car, which is far from usual. Sooyoung watched his rough expressions as they entered her house.

"Well, good night. I'll pick you up tomorrow." He spoke as he was about to go.
Sooyoung took a hold of his arm as he turned back to her with a surprised expression. "Stay here." She mumbled tugging on his shirt while avoiding his gaze.
He narrowed his eyes as if he was processing those two words she have told.
"What do you mean?" He playfully asked as he finally turned his whole body to her.
"Just, stay." She didn't know what to reason out. She felt that she needed to protect him somehow even if she was powerless. Even for a night, she wanted to stay awake to avoid him for leaving. She haven't found out the reason yet for her actions. But, she wanted him to stay.

Just to stay safe with her company.

"I would." He muttered as he smiled. But, the glimmer of his eyes were no where to be found unlike before. It feels like something was happening.

-

After couple of minutes. She directed him to  her room. "You could sleep here." She mumbled awkwardly. He smiled at her innocence and sat on her bed. He patted down the sheets as he tilted his head, "Are you scared that I might do something?" She averted his eyes from him as she shook her head. He laughed, "Come here." She sighed sitting beside him. "Is it awkward? Why did you ask me to stay?" He asked.

"You might do something idiotic after this." She blurted out plopping on her bed. He watched her naturally laying down on it. He smiled, laying down as well. "What is too idiotic?", "You know, get in fights." She muttered looking at the ceiling. He chuckled, "Yeah, right. Don't sleep a blink. I might disappear." He laughed, avoiding her gaze as well. He doesn't knew what's the reason why he found it hard to look at this girl's eyes.

She smirked. But she also thought that what he was saying was real. She shouldn't sleep a blink. Or, he might disappear.

She was busy on her trace of thoughts as if on cue, two strong arms suddenly snaked to her waist, pulling her closer as well as her face being close to his.
She blinked at the close proximity, feeling his hot breathe against her lips. Her breathe hitched as he flashed a small smile, "Are you scared that I might do something?" She rolled her eyes responding, "How do I do? You can abuse me." He laughed patting her head, "Sleep."

She scoffed. So you could get away?

Hours have passed. Sooyoung unintentionally closed her eyes and fell asleep. He cracked one eye open, as he saw that she was finally asleep.
He slowly get off from her embrace as he sat up, avoiding to wake her up in all of a sudden. He heaved a frustrated sigh.

Morning came.

Sooyoung yawned, as she tossed and turned through the bed. She cracked her eyes open as she rubbed it.

She felt blank and empty. Until, she realized that he left.

What is he doing!?