"Yes?" Loren asked, in a high-pitched, chipper voice. This made Lyric angry, really angry.

"You having fun, I see." Lyric said with pure agitation. She really needed somebody to vent and talk to right about now.

"Yes, girl, Chris makes me so happy." Loren said, Lyric could feel her smile through the phone, but it didn't make her any less salty.

"As happy as smoothies?" Lyric said, hoping that she would eventually catch on.

"What are you-" Lyric cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"Smoothie King, Loren, gosh. You got your head so far up Chris' ass, you forgot about your own damn best friend?" Lyric shook in her seat, tears were threatening to fall. Despite the hardcore shell Lyric tried to put up, she was sensitive, and her feelings were really hurt.

"It's not that serious, Lyric. We could easily reschedule." Loren said with huff, ignoring the insult Lyric had said to her.

"That's all we seem to do these days, reschedule. When's the last time we actually hang out, Loren?" The other line was dead silent. "Exactly."

"You know what, Lyric, fuck you! Maybe if you weren't always so depressed and in a bad mood, I would actually want to hang out with your boring ass." Loren said, making Lyric chuckle.

"Bitch, if had dreams of you reliving the moment of you being raped by your uncle, cheated on by a man who you thought was your future husband, lost a baby, and received news that you couldn't have children, I'm sure you would be depressed and in a bad mood, too. It takes a real friend to be able to go through the bad times. And it's not called being boring, it's called having morals, slut." Lyric said all in one breath, before ending the phone call.

Not even 5 minutes later, Lyric received a notification that someone had posted a photo on Instagram.

Lyric chuckled at the fact that Loren had just thrown away their whole friendship, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to clap back

"Uncle Aug, I want an Angel Food smoothie. Ya gone dat fa an OG, right?" This made Lyric laugh, genuinely. She couldn't tell by the accent that the little girl was from New Orleans and if she wasn't mistaken, August was from there too and the little girl said Uncle Aug.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town Sasha walked along the sidewalks with a tired Lyric in her arms. She felt as if her body would drop to the ground at any moment. Her arms were about to give out, due to her having to carry Lyric around all day. Noticing that she was in the ghetto and dangerous part of Saint Louis, Sasha tucked her arms around Lyrics small body, afraid of what could possibly happen to her child.

Seeing a bench, Sasha felt as if there were imaginary strings pulling her body towards it, as she suddenly took a seat on the wooden bench. She knew that she should have kept walking to the murdering that was happening around here, but if she had kept walking she would passed out. The chilly air didn't help neither, Sasha's small jacket barely kept the air out.

Sasha closed her eyes for a second, hoping it would help relieve some pain and tiredness, next thing she knew she was full out asleep, dreaming of a perfect life.

"Dre, you betta not drop my baby." Sasha said firmly, hand planted on her curvaceous hip, with a baby in her other arm.

"Chill out, Sash, I got her man." Dre said as he tossed 2-year old Lyric into the air, as she giggled uncontrollably. This brought a smile to Sasha's face, she loved seeing both of her babies smile.

Sasha cradled her second child, Harmony, in her arms. Cooing at her perfectness. The little sparkle in her hazel eyes to the chubbiness on her leg. This is the life that Sasha had always wanted, but never could find.

All of a sudden, gunshots sounded out. But, was it her dream or reality?

--

I actually thought you guys loved me 😢. InkD_Roses and I published Born today, and I am soooo disappointed in y'all 🙄. Look at this bs ⬇️

That is sooo freaking dry 😒

That is sooo freaking dry 😒. Y'all must not want us to have joy hun? Go vote and comment on that for me. This book is on this profile ➡️➡️➡️➡️ KayRoseWrites !!!!! And who knows ... if we receive enough attention, we might bless y'all with a sneak peak before 2017! It's y'all choice...