Epilogue

Author's Note: I own nothing. I just like to play with the characters that were created by Stephenie Meyer. No copyright infringement is intended.

Also, thank you for those of who have commented and offered well-wishes in my difficult time. It means a lot to me. Writing these stories has been my strength (as silly as that sounds) and has grounded me.

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing. It means so much to me. More than you can imagine. These stories (this one in particular) are my babies and I adore the reviews and comments I receive. Much, much love to ALL of you!

Chapter 46: The Epilogue

Four Years Later

"David Anthony Masen! Do not hit your cousin!" Edward yelled from the kitchen. I was putting finishing touches on our children's cake for their birthday party.

"He hit me first!" David argued from the family room.

"Come here, buddy," I said as I crouched down. David toddled toward me and stuck out his bottom lip. His jade eyes filling with tears. "What did Daddy and I say about hitting?"

"You don't do it. No matter what," David mumbled. "But EJ hit my arm first."

"Did you do something to deserve his hit?"

"I stole his ball," David said.

"It's your birthday, David. But you made two very poor choices. Ten minutes in time out," I said. I pointed to the bottom stair of our steps and he sniffled as he trudged over to time out. David was an interesting combination of Edward and me. He got his daddy's eyes but my hair and features. He was going to be tall. He came to nearly my hip and he's four. David also had his father's inclination for math, music and science. He was engrossed in Edward's medical manuals, asking his father what things were. He was also smart as whip.

I stood up and ran my hand through my shoulder length brown hair. Edward slipped behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Good job, Mommy," he whispered in my ear. "Happy birthday, love."

"Ugh, don't remind me. 37..." I groaned.

"But you look radiant and not a day over 27," Edward cooed as he dipped me. His lips caressed mine and he blew a raspberry on my neck.

"Unca Eddie is a vampwire," Grace Whitlock, Alice and Jasper's second child, giggled in Lizzie's ear.

"Daddy, gross!" Lizzie said. "Stop kissing Mommy."

Edward righted me and picked up his daughter. He lifted her shirt and blew a raspberry on her belly, eliciting giggles from oldest girl. He looked at his daughter and arched a brow. "It's Mommy's birthday too. She deserves kisses and presents." Lizzie leaned in and whispered something Edward's ear, playing with his hair. His green eyes sparkled and he laughed. "Mommy gets to open her presents when you do, Lizzie Bear. Now, go find your sister." He put her down and she took off, with Grace stumbling behind her. Grace idolized Lizzie and was her shadow. It was cute.

As it turned out, Marie and Elizabeth were identical twins. They had inherited their father's hair color but my curls. Their features were distinctly Edward. They were both petite and clumsy. Traits they inherited from me. My poor babies.

After they were born, our children spent a week in the NICU. Dr. Forks was hesitant to release them with the complication I had experienced with Marie. Edward and I agreed and our children got the best care in the NICU. I spent two days in the hospital before I was released. When we took our babies home, it was a revolving door of friends and family. Edward and I were barely coherent with the constant feedings, changings and screaming bouts. He had taken six weeks for paternity leave.