Chapter 1

I was running, in the shadows, where no one could see me. With inhuman speed I raced back through the rain. Only when I was home I let my guard down a bit and stopped. I was tired, I had been running the whole day while looking for food, but had barely found anything. Just a half-eaten sandwich and some old bread.

So, hungry as always I went to my home, well home... it wasn't that much. It was a container which was open from the side so I could be dry in it and because the container wasn't in use, it meant that there was enough place for me to fit inside. At the end of the ally where my container was placed there was a lake, so I always had water close by which really came in handy.

I shook my fur and then stepped into the container and lay down. And yes you read that right, my fur. My parents were scientists who were always busy with experiments and didn't really care about me. Sometimes they would even experiment on me and one day when I was fifteen they were experimenting on me again, there was an explosion in the lab and it turned me into what I am now. You see, I am a wolf, well partly; I have the ability to change into a wolf, at will. I am a white wolf with red eyes. It means that when I am human I also have red eyes, before the accident, they were blue. I am eighteen now and have been living this way for three years. My parents hadn't survived the explosion and in the rush I had run out on the streets. Oh, and my name is Accalia. Well anyways it was time to sleep, so I curled up into a tight ball and slept peacefully.

In the middle of the night I suddenly woke up, because of something that sounded like an explosion. I got up and stretched and being the curious person I am I went out to investigate. I walked through the shadows in search of the source of the sound. When I finally found it I was surprised to say the least.

There was an old abandoned school eight blocks from where I "lived". At least I thought it had been abandoned. But now there was a lot of yelling and gunfire and I saw Captain America and Hawkeye standing outside, dodging bullets and taking out as many agents as came out of the hole, which I assumed the Avengers had made.

I sneaked through the shadows, coming closer to the building, eyes on the battle that was happening in front of me. When I was as close as I dared to go, I sat down and watched the fight with interest. I noticed that on the backs of the agents it said: HYDRA. I growled lowly when I saw that name, I knew who HYDRA were. I had heard about them on the news when I was younger, but I didn't dare go and help Captain America and Hawkeye. They might as well think that I was either a wild wolf or a wolf trained by HYDRA.

Suddenly Captain America, who was closest to me, heard through his earcomm that it had worked and that they were coming out, because of my enhanced hearing, I understood all of it and I watched as the avengers ran out of the hole, one by one. First came Black Widow, next was Thor and then Iron Man came flying out. Not ten seconds later, the whole building exploded.

Then I saw out of the corner of my eye that a HYDRA agent had sneaked up and was aiming his gun at Hawkeye, who had been distracted by the explosion and was watching the falling debris. Without thinking I leaped from the shadows and in a full sprint I made it to the agent right as he was about to pull the trigger. I bit into his arm and the agent yelled out, dropping his gun in the process. I didn't give him a chance to recover as I let go of his arm and went for his neck. When I had my jaws around his neck I applied pressure and the next moment the HYDRA agent went limp in my mouth. I let him go and turned around, only to face Hawkeye who was looking at me shocked and hesitantly held up his bow, aiming at me.

I immediately put my tail between my legs and my ears low, staying close to the ground and looking at him as if saying, "don't worry I won't harm you". By now the other avengers had caught up with Hawkeye and were looking at me with wide eyes. I slowly backed away, but they were watching my every move so fleeing was impossible. Then suddenly there was a sound behind them and while the Avengers looked for the source of the sound I made my move and fled, back into the dark of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first fanfiction ever, my first story ever. I hope you will enjoy it!

Please let me know what you think about it. :)

I will try to update once a week, if I can two times a week or more, I already finished the first few chapters so that shouldn't be a problem.

ps. Sorry if I made any mistakes, English is not my first language.