15.0

Jacob drove Kate's Jeep back while she was wrapped up in Jacob's clothes in the passenger seat trying to get warm. Bella was driving back behind them but Kate was still to angry with her to feel sorry.

Despite how much her body shook, she still felt warm on the inside at being around Jacob. His scent drifted up to her nose from his clothes and she snuggled deeper into one of his jackets. From next to her Jacob chuckled at this.

"If this is what I get for trying to be the good guy, I think I'll start being a bad guy," Kate mumbled.

Jacob laughed and with one hand pulled her against him. Kate cuddled into his side trying to get as warm as possible.

"You know, you don't have to freeze yourself to cuddle with me. All you had to do was ask?" he laughed.

Kate slapped him gently in the stomach but quickly returned her hand to the inside of his jacket. This made Jacob laugh even harder. The drive to her house was to quick for her liking but once they got there, she didn't move from his side. Jacob turned off the car and wrapped both of his arms around her. She looked up at him but noticed a small frown on his face.

"Jacob what is it?" she asked leaning back from him slightly.

He sighed, "You know what happened to Emily. Sam got angry, lost it for a split second, Em was standing too close. He'll never be able to take that back." He paused his voice trailing off and looking down. "What if I got mad at you?"

"You can't hurt me Jacob. You won't," she whispered to him.

Kate shifted and put her hand on Jacob's jaw gently sooting his cheek, "Jacob, look at me." His gaze slowly went back towards her. "You're not going to lose control of yourself because you're here, with me. I won't let you."

Jacob's eyes looked down at her lips before he kissed her gently pouring all of his fears into the kiss.

A door slamming interrupted them. Kate pulled away with a small smile to see her sister get out of her truck. She turned to get out of her car but the second she opened the door, Jacob tensed up and reached across her to slam it shut.

"Wait! There's a vampire. I'm getting you out of here," he told her.

Kate jumped out of the car before he could drive off, "Like hell you are. I'm not leaving my sister alone with one."

Bella seemed to come to the same conclusion as she saw Kate getting out of her car. Bella looked at her sisters expression back to the house before she quickly started to make her way inside. Kate spotted the familiar Carlisle car and started to follow her sister before Jacob stopped them both.

"You have to come with me," he snapped at them, "Look, if a Cullen is back here, this is their territory. The treaty says that we can only defend on our own lands. I can't protect you here."

Kate pulled her hand out of Jacob's grasp, "Okay, well it's a good thing I don't need protection."

Ignoring both her sister and Jacob, Kate jumped the stairs and burst into her house. It was all quiet until she heard movement to her right. She knew who it was immediately.

"Alice, get the hell out of my house before I do something you won't like," Kate growled.

Alice Cullen stood there in shock as she flicked the lights on looking at the girl's face. Rage was all over Kate's face as the two stared at each other. The door opened behind her and Bella came through.

"Alice?" she cried.

Alice looked at Bella from Kate with shock. Bella launched herself at Alice and it took all Kate had to not blast the two apart.