[Prologue]

Prologue (Parker's POV)

Cuts, bruises and burns are all things that everybody expects to obtain accidentally at one point or another. Whether it's the result of tripping over a branch in the woods, touching a hot kettle as a kid, or falling off your bike - everybody has those tiny scars.

As the time passes, the scars usually fade into oblivion, and you can never recount the memories that went along with them.

But my scars won't disappear.

My physical scars might fade as the years pass, but the emotional scars and the memories attached to them will never be able to be erased.

I'll never be able to forget how I got my first bruise. I'll never forget the menacing look in my father's eyes as he attacked me over and over... a defenseless little boy who supposedly ruined his life.

*******************************************

I realize that this is extremely short, but it sets up the story perfectly and I feel like it has to be included. Also, this prologue is in Parker's point of view, but for most of the novel I will be focusing on Jillian's point of view (who will be the female protagonist in this novel). This novel will also be a lot more lighthearted than it seems, so don't turn away if you think it won't be funny and cute at the same time as the serious stuff sets itself up in the background.

For anybody reading this story, I just have to say that abuse is not a topic to be taken lightly, and although it plays a part in this novel, it is not a subject that is approached for entertainment. Some parts of this novel will be darker than my other works, but it will also focus on a girl and a guy helping each other, creating a relationship that can fight against anything.

I hope you all enjoy this story, and I hope to upload the first chapter in the next week :)