Chapter 33/What do you mean she's failed the Turing test

Image Mathematician:   Alan Turing  Gay mathematician who legitimised the concept of the computer who proposed the Turing Test of intelligence ( which the people of Scarlett's world generally use). Video: More info on the Turing Test ( in case you feeling Nurdy ). 

A/N - the main plot kicks off today. Thanks for all the reads on Chapter 32,  it was such good fun to write and it's truly wonderful when people show their appreciation .  

It was another Monday afternoon a week after my last cycling bruise stopped being blue and I was in the maths class with Dante and Io doing partial differential equations and network theory.

Suddenly then the door opened and the teacher stopped . A number of robots came, a couple were police robots, the others were silver looked dangerous slick. When people design guns and robots which look partially speak nasty and dangerous do you think they user test them? When your designing a blast pistol does someone show them to people and someone goes 'this looks the most cooly dangerous gun'. If not is it just luck ? Either way the robots just screamed 'don't mess with me' more than Angela Merkel with an axe. The very dangerous robots they were followed by a couple of men in long gray coats wearing dark sunglasses. They all waved partical beam stun weapons around. I've never seen a robot look nervous before but I could swear that was what our teacher look like.

"Can I help you?" said the teacher-bot.

"That's it take her" said the dangerous looking police machines. 

The police had finally had found me! My heart dropped into my stomach faster then Robert Pattinson dumping Kristen Stewart at the first sign of Rupert Sanders. The long arm of the law had reached across deep space to get me. Everyone started talking at once.

"I'll continue the lesson then" said the teacher-bot.

"I'll come quietly but what are the charges?" I said getting up.

"In personating a human being" said the man in the long coat.

Well that was how I felt, but it seemed an odd charge, I was expecting burglary, trespass, breaking and entering with out breaking.I didn't feel like  proper human being.  

Dante got up "If you take her you go through me" he said moving between me and the machines. If Dante had planned to be more confusing he couldn't have done better. 

"Suits me" said the man "you know what she's accused of?"

"It's not how it sounds!" I said.

The teacher-bot continued "Who knows what is the first derivative?"

"She's a machine" said the man in the long coat.

"Huh? That's a rate of change" I said,

"Correct Scarlett" said the teaching bot.

"Your right it's not how it sounds," said Dante to me. 

"Look I'm not a machine, give me a stick and I'll break the first law on you" I said to the bladerunner.

"Me too" added Dante.

"She failed the Turin test" said the dangerous looking robot.

"That lousy test?" I said "The one on the phone when I arrived? I told the guy I'm new to earth I don't know any restaurants. I'm going to jail for not being a food-ey and wimping out on wine tasting ? That's a bit harsh!"

The human detective or what ever looked at me "Hmm I do wonder how she failed the test?"

"May be she's just really good at pretending" said the other Bladerunner.