Chapter 9: Fishy!!!

As soon as the duo had entered the kitchen, Hidan sat the small girl on the table before moving to search through the cabinets. This action left Iva with two options, to sit still and watch as her father began to dig things out and prepare breakfast, or try and climb down on her own to venture around. It was true the clan had trained her well enough that she had already reached the level of jounin, but her unusually small figure made it all the more difficult. There were things she couldn't reach without using chakra for instance. A problem for any child her age of course, but Iva couldn't waste her chakra on such things for it usually ended with a coughing fit or some other event that left her exhausted. Without the use of chakra, the girl was absolutely... clumsy. Tossing all of that aside, she prepared to jump down. However, what she didn't expect, was large hands wrapping around her tiny body.
The girl squeaked in surprise as she spun around, coming face to face with a true blue fish out of water.

"Hey kid. Don't even think about it." He grinned widely, showing abnormally sharp teeth. "If you want down just say so."

The only reply she gave at first was a beaming smile, feeling it was alright to be herself instead of one of the tools she was trained to be.

"Aww. You're cute. Whatcha grinning about?"

"You're a fishy!" She squealed, throwing her arms around him.

He sweatdropped. "I'd rather be a shark."

Iva gasped and pulled away. "Sharks bite!"

He chuckled and snapped his teeth, making her squeak.
He grabbed her into a hug. "You're too cute. I'm not gonna bite you. What's your name?"

She giggled and tugged at his hair. "Iva."

"And such a cute name too! I'm Kisame. Who do you belong to? Gotta know so I can steal you!" He chucked as he tickled the giggling girl.

"Like hell you will fish fucker!" Hidan snapped as he began to pour batter into a pan.

"Possesive." Kisame stated with a chuckle. "Who is she?"

"She's my fucking daughter, and yes I'm going to be possesive of her. Try to take her and you're going to be my next fucking gift to Jashin!"

At this Kisame burst out laughing. "I'm not sure which is funnier! The fact that someone actually wanted to get with you, or you threatening to sacrifice me to a fake god!"

Iva began laughing as a newly made pancake found it's way into Kisame's face.

Kisame caught the pancake before it hit the floor and bit into it. "I dunno. You make a pretty good housewife. Who knew?" He chuckled.

"Shut the fuck up." Hidan mumbled as he continued to make more pancakes, now making up for the one used as a projectile.

Tilting her head, Iva decided to question why everyone laughed at Hidan. "Is Daddy doing something funny? Everyone keeps laughing."

Kisame put on a face that spoke many levels of seriousness. Iva was absolutely certain she had said something to get herself in trouble. As a result, the girl straightened her sitting position. A habit she had learned in her village.

Kisame leaned down to her level, and with an all too serious voice, answered.
"Well cutie. Your father is an evil prick who kills people for not worshipping a fake god. This fake god is all sorts of crazy and worshipping him will cause you to die young. However now almighty follower Hidan is acting like a sissy girl."

"Well, first of all, fish face is a fucking heathen who doesnt even understand how the religion works. Jashin-Sama is real! And he made me immortal and can fucking do the same for you so you wont die young! You wouldn't fucking die at all. And i'm not acting like a fucking girl!"

"I can't leave her here Hidan! You have too many enemies! And to top that off, you warship Jashin! Our daughter will be killed! I can't have her associated with you or that awful being you call a god!"

The girl had gone completely stiff, eyes wide and brimming with tears. That was part of... of that dream.

"Kid? Hey. Iva, you alright?" Kisame's tone was soft, trying to figure out what to do. He had never been in a situation like this before. Actually he was pretty sure none of them had.

Iva quickly began wiping her eyes, and gave a small but shaky nod. "M-mama said that.. She said that Jashin was awful. Th-that I couldn't be a-around Daddy 'cause he had to many enemies and warshipped Jashin. She.. She said I would be killed!" She explained, hiccupping as she tried to hold back the small sobs threatening to escape.

Hidan's eyes widened, suddenly remembering the day Iva's mother had left, taking away everything he held dear to him. He quietly continued on with what he was doing, choosing to make breakfast for everyone. Maybe, just maybe Iva would say more. A quick glance to Kisame said it all, and the other nodded in understanding.

Kisame pulled the small girl closer to his person, rubbing small circles on her back in a soothing manner. "Hey. That's not true, okay? Yes, we have enemies. Though I can say this. Not just your father, but all of us here will protect you with everything we have. You're not going to be killed if we have anything to say about it alright?"

To this, Iva let out a choked sob. "Safe? Mama said we would be safe at our village, b-but everyone.. They..." She stopped for a moment in an attempt to calm her breathing, which had quickened over the past few moments. Her grip on the man tightened a bit. "Our village trains everyone, even children. I was trained too. They're strict, raising the best shinobi they can. They were so mean, but I tried... I tried so hard...  For Mommy... For everyone else... But I couldn't! Mommy still died! And so will I!"