Chapter Three:

"You have to go to the party! It's a Friday!" Emily spoke to me as I cleaned my kitchen.

She's at my house since she said she wasn't in the mood to be home alone so I took her to my house so she has some company.

Now, she's sitting down on a stool, trying to convince me to go to this "bomb ass party" as she says. Although, I have a race tonight.

"I don't wanna go." I say without a reasoning.

"Why not? You always go."

"Em," I lowered my voice, "I have a race later tonight."

Her mouth formed an 'O' as she came to a conclusion that I couldn't go since my race as I nodded at her.

Emily is the only one who knows I race. Why do I race? Well, I like the adrenaline that goes through my veins when I pass the starter line. Also, I got it from Cassandra. She always raced and may I say she was the best out of all.

No one knew that she raced but Emily and I.

Cassandra was even the one who taught me how to race.

So I not only race because of the great feeling it gives me, I race because I wanna keep this bond that Cassandra and I built for four years.

It's the only thing that helps me feel as if she is still here, with me. With my parents. That she never left.

"Can I go with you?" Emily asked me.

"Nope. I can drive you to the party though?"

"What? Why not?"

I never once took Emily to one of my races. It's too dangerous for her to be there with me. I just have too many enemies that would love to hurt me just for my title, number one.

If I ever took Em there to have her get hurt, I wouldn't be able to live without her. She's been there for me since diapers.

Emily snapped her fingers in front of my face, "You gonna answer my question?"

"I told you once before, it's too dangerous and I'm not willing to risk it. Accept that."

She pouted and crossed her arms, "Pleaseee," she said dragging out the 'e'

"Hell to the no. Put that face away too, it's not gonna work."

"You're a bitch. I'm gonna go get ready for the party." Emily said hopping off the stool and out the kitchen.

"I love you too!" I yelled out for her once I could hear her footsteps climbing up the stairs.

I heard my door shut and I let out a breath. I placed a loose strand of hair behind my ear and continued to clean the kitchen.

✿✿✿✿✿

Emily was already done changing and was seated on my bed. She had her phone in her hand and it seemed as if she was on Instagram as I went to my closet.

I chose out black ripped jeans, a tight gray crop top, and I just wore my black huaraches.

After I changed, I went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth for the second time today. I left my hair down since I did straighten it this morning.

"Emily, what time is it?" I asked her.

Silence.

"Emily? Helloo?"

Silence.

"If you're ignoring me cause I'm not letting you go with me, then you can walk your ass to the party instead of riding in the Lambo."