Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Sehun's pov:

Right after I was forced to down that nasty piece of toast, Xiuchen and I headed for our destination. Behind me, the couple was whispering excitedly on what to do later so as to make myself enjoy today's trip.

I sighed again. Did I really like coffee?

I never tried it.

I missed Luhan.

Somehow, although I only got to know him quite recently, I felt like he was my other half. I could tell him anything. He was my pillar or strength, my emotional support. He was like a brother to me.

"We're here!" Chen suddenly exclaimed.

I glanced out of a window to see a tiny shop. Though I was still in the van, I could somehow smell the aroma of coffee beans. Elated, Chen and Xiumin nearly kicked down van door (no joking) and hopped out. Chuckling, I exited the van and waved goodbye to our driver who smiled in reply. Their happiness was really contagious.

"Get ready to have the time of your life!" Chen announced as he slowly pushed the glass door open. Now the coffee bean scent was so strong it made me sneeze.

"Morning sir." Xiuchen suddenly greeted in unison and I stopped gawking at the tacky shop and found myself staring at a beefy man about my height. No, in fact taller. He had muscles everywhere but he was wearing a chef outfit... He was still intimidating nonetheless.

"Sehun-ah," Xiumin whispered. "This is our instructor. Say hi."

Only then did I come back to my senses.

"Great to meet you sir!" I gave a ninety degree bow, making the taller laugh.

"Spare the formalities Sehun." He patted my shoulder. "You're one of my favourite members in EXO."

"Of course I still prefer Chanyeol." He added a few moments of awkward silence, making the four of us break out into laughter.

"It's my pleasure to meet you. I'm Taehoon." He shook my hand and I nodded.

"So what brings you here?" He asked and walked over to the counter.

"You see, Sehun here would like to try out what we've been doing the past few times." Chen explained and the older nodded, a smile plastered on his face.

"You have plans on teaching him how to make his own latte?" The chef grinned wider than a cheshire cat and Chen nodded.

"I'm fine with it except..." He continued but his voice trailed off.

"But what?" Xiumin questioned.

"You," He pointed at the pair. "will be teaching him. I shall just supervise and watch you guys do the job."

The relief plastered on their faces were so obvious I nearly laughed.

"Yes sir!" Chen and Xiumin answered before turning to me.

"Ready to have fun?" Chen smirked.

To be honest... Not really, no.

But for my hyungs, I'll try.

*

*

I tried hard to follow Chen's skilful movements as he emptied the coffee beans into the mixer. Hands slightly trembling, I poured my cup of coffee beans and I watched the machine grind them into powder.

"You're doing well Sehun." He complimented and I flushed.

I observed again as he poured the coffee powder into a cup and I did the same... Spilling some on the floor.

"Careful Sehun." He warned teasingly as we made our way to the hot water dispenser.

"Now, you put your cup here and press this button." He instructed and hot water began to dissolve the coffee powder.

The aroma of coffee smelt so good... Why did I not drink it before?

As Chen removed his cup of drink, he gestured at me to try. Gulping, I tried to brush off the feeling of my eyelids twitching. Holding the cup firmly in place, I pressed the button just at the same Chen yelled loudly.

Too late.

As the hot water was dispensed, it splashed onto my hand, making me draw back in shock before knocking over some glass cups.

They clatter down to the floor and broke into pieces of shards.

"Hyung!" I gasped in panic and gently clasped Chen's hand." "You're bleeding."

He shook his head in reply before his eyes widened.

"You're bleeding too." He held my hand to eye level and examined the cuts.

"You're burnt by the hot water as well." he muttered.

"What happened?" Xiumin and Taehoon came running over.

"Xiumin, go get the first aid kit box and tend to Chen and Sehun. I'll clear the mess." Taehoon ordered and smiled at me.

"You will never succeed if you don't learn from your mistakes." He winked as Chen lead me out of the kitchen, leaving me gaping. I thought he'd be angry at me for breaking his cups.

"I'm sorry this is all my fault." I apologised to Chen and he bit his lip.

"No, it was mine. I didn't tell you the danger of putting your hand near the water dispenser." He argued.

"Just be more careful in future." Xiumin spoke as he used a damp cloth to dab at Chen's wound.

Finishing off with a plaster, he turned to me.

"Oooh... You have nasty cuts... And a burn." He commented and I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"I'm guessing the glass shards cut you guys?" Xiumin asked as he slathered a layer of cream on my burn, making me wince.

Chen nodded in reply and held my hand for support.

When Xiumin was done, he told us to rest and he returned to making his coffee.

"Oh Luhan hyung would kill me." Chen sighed and I rolled my eyes.

"Hyung, I told you it's my fault." I squeezed his shoulders.

"In fact, I would like to try again." I announced, ignoring Chen's horrified look.

I had a plan forming in my brain.