Chapter 29

*IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T READ YOUR SALAH YET, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL COMPARED TO YOUR SALAH*

Remember to please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE (via social media)

Recap...

"It's getting late Laila. We should be going. You can come visit Mariam and Asma tomorrow." Mom says.

We see dad in the waiting room, and we all share a family hug.

"I'm going to be a grandfather." Dad says proudly and mom laughs.

"Mom. Where are Hamza and Auntie Lubna?" I ask mom.

"They left after they found out that Asma, and the baby were fine."

"Can you believe it Laila. You're going to be a Khala (aunt)!" Dad says excited, and both mom and I share a chuckle.

CHAPTER 29

I get home after a long day of school. Mom texted me during my lunch and said that everything is alright with both Mariam and Asma as well, Subhan Allah. 

As soon as I step inside the house, I realize that mom and Auntie Lubna are home early today. I say Assalam O Alaikom to both of them, and head for the stairs.

"Laila come here." Mom says urgently, and I walk back down to the family room where they are sitting.

"Yes." I say.

"We got the final wedding agreements." Mom says handing the paper. I see a flicker of sadness flash through her eyes but it's quickly masked with a smile, as I realize that this whole wedding was becoming more of a reality by the second.

A brief version of the 8 page contract was as following:

The Wedding Contract, and Agreements

To Laila Zaman,

"And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought." Quran 30:21

---

Bride: Laila Zaman, born August 5, 1997
Groom:

Mahr: ___________ gives to Laila Zaman a value of $1000 as Mahr.

---

Request by the groom: For Laila to love and accept me, as I do to her.

I let out a deep sigh giving mom the wedding agreements after thoroughly having read it twice. 

"I accept the terms." I say with my voice an octave just above a whisper. The next time I see these papers, will be during my Nikah.

"Mom, can I write you a note for you to give to him?"

"Sure."

To "mystery man": When did you make the decision of marrying me?

I hand mom the folded up paper, and go upstairs to take a nap, since I've been having a lot more of restless, and sleepless nights.

I wake up to the noise of a crying baby. I run downstairs excitedly, and see Asma, and Mariam in her stroller crying up a storm.

I take her out of the stroller, and rock her until she stops crying.