Revelations

I began to drift in and out of sleep as I tossed and turned in my bed. Questions flowed through my mind like a river. Why the ghost of Sidriks chose him? There were plenty of human skeletons throughout the Cosmodrome, so why? If he did hate the fallen who called him kin, then why would he want to work with the very thing that took his family from him in the first place? Again, I keep getting more questions than answers. I finally drifted off to sleep, and I was out looking over the Earth from my ship. Things seemed, quiet...and calm. Yet, this was not the ship that I had owned...in fact, I wasn't wearing my warlock robes either. Instead, I was in a uniform belonging to a military. Before I could ask any questions, a dark cloud in space drifted into Earths orbit, I looked to my left and to my right I see all these other white ships fly toward the cloud, firing laser cannons as more of them were engulfed by the black.

My power core raced as countless vessels erupted into balls of flame, my eyes darted in all directions as I tightly gripped the flight controls and made my ship nose dive into the atmosphere. Yet the fear I was feeling, was not for my own life...then whose safety was I concerned over? As I drifted down rapidly I could hear screaming over the radio.

"What do you think you're doing!? Your orders were to hold the line so the evacuation ships can escape! Turn around immediately! That's an or-" I turned the radio, cutting him off as my ship descended from above, the cloud grabbed the engine of my vessel, and I ejected from my ship as the black cloud engulfed it. I tried to activate my parachute, but to no avail, the parachute was broken. After drifting through the atmosphere looking for a spot to land, I crashed into the plains near the Cosmodrome, sending dust and debris everywhere. I felt barely alive after that. Is stumbled to get to my feet, astonished that nothing had broken on my fall. I looked above me to see the cloud engulf the sky blocking out the sun from view.

The cloud kept getting closer and consuming everyone, I watched in horror as humans around me were completely stripped of flesh to bone by the cloud. It was merciless, it killed everyone, women, men, and children. Oh my God, the children, I could see the tears roll down their faces as their parents were disintegrated in front of them. I tried to pull out my assault rifle, but I couldn't, I didn't have one. There were several Russian soldiers who were firing aimlessly at the cloud above, one after the other screaming until they were eaten themselves. From one of their bodies, I took his assault weapon. I instinctively knew how to use the gun, it was some sort of projection rifle, firing beams of energy for a short amount of time, taking the safety mode off allowed it to open. The channels glowed a bright orange and the weapon extended.

I fired at clouds that neared civilians, keeping them safe for the time being. It was chaos trying to get people moving with the cloud still hovering overhead. A small portion of the cloud engulfed me and I woke up with a jolt breathing heavily. I glanced over at the clock to see that it was about two in the morning, the light of the city below and the moon above shining in through the blinds. I got up and got into some clothes that I had in the vault and started walking down the hallway trying to make as little noise as possible. I was careful to not make a single sound that would alert any of the guardians, I wanted them to get some rest, even though I couldn't.

The air outside the barracks was crisp and slightly cold. I looked out over to The traveler from afar. Reflecting on the dream that I had, why am I seeing these things? What am I seeing? I need to find something, I went out to the other side of the Tower hopefully to find some sort of record about Exos in the Tower library. I walked inside to find the place empty, nobody inside and few texts on the walls. The speaker had his own shelf of books back where he now stands but the library is public to guardians. I started looking around the shelves trying to find something that at least sounds like what I'm looking for.

I kept looking through the volumes then I looked down one of the aisles to see Ikora there in a robe, reading a book. "Hello, James." She said not looking up from the page.